Mazdas247.com Official Mazda of the Month (August)

Antoine

Administrator

Congratulations to FrankenProbe (first)

VOTE NOW
OPEN TO ALL MAZDAS!

DSCF6074.jpg

3940fcd2.jpg

Dan
1990 Mazda 323 'Audrey'

Performance Mods:
KLDE (2.5L V6, swapped from a 1.6 SOHC auto), fully stock from intake to tail pipes for CARB certification. For off-road purposes, SSAC headers, test pipe, 3" catback with Borla muffler, M62 Eaton supercharger, Megasquirt & coils, MIllenia S injectors, Fidanza/ClutchMasters, *KSport coilovers all around, 90-polyurethane bushings everywhere, 4.66 final drive, SS brake & clutch lines

Engine Appearance Mods:
Wrinkle black powdercoating on VCs, shaved engine bay, rear battery relocation, oil filter relocation kit (4.6 modular kit) with Earl's front mounted oil cooler, (mostly) black XRP fittings & hoses everywhere, AFCO racing radiator with custom hard lines,

Exterior Mods:
2008 Mini Cooper S Dark Gray Metallic paint with Midnight Black accents (2-stage waterborne, painted myself), ZG flares all around, XXR 002 16x8 wheels (not proud of these, but couldn't afford the german stuff) +0 offset, 225/50/16 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1s, japanese front bumper, euro glass headlights & corners, H4 6000k HIDs, '93+ tails, british rear bumper and upper spoilers, aerocatch flush hood latches,

Interior Mods:
RHD conversion (including wipers), MX3 front & rear seats, manual seatbelt conversion, ProSport oil press/water temp/boost gauges (center mounted), full bumper-to-bumper MX3 V6 wire harness,

Stereo Mods:
Pioneer CD player, 6.5" fronts, 5x7 rears...just enough.

Beautiful stuff. Props for the work & vision that went into this creation! More pics please...........

Never thought a KLDE or KLZE would fit in that little engine bay. NICE! Congratulations and as has been said, well deserved. :D

So the question should be how's it drive? What's it putting to the ground? With a bild like that you have to give us some numbers man. Looks killer!

Thanks guys, it's good to see my passion is shared by many other gearheads. It took about 14 months to build.

Thread with more pics is in the pic forum below - http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123781979

Car drives great, handles great, garners quite a bit of attention while being inconspicuous at the same time, if that makes any sense. Really glad I didn't go with my first color choice, which was Lamborghini Orange Pearl...

Always been a big fan of underdogs and things that make you do a double take, so this fits that to a tee. Also hope to have inspired others that you can do whatever you want with your car if you put forth the effort - whether that means working an extra job to afford better parts, or taking a class to learn how to weld or paint, whatever it takes.

After all, if THIS car (seen below right after purchase) can win MOTM, why can't anyone else's?

DSCF8141.jpg

Back