MSP Wheel SPECS HELP!

:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege
so i was thinking of getting some xxr 521 gold with chrome lip, the problem is that they are 18's and hare 8 or 8.5 wide! i was wondering if anyone of you had any wide rims and how you made them work? i head that the widest for the msp is 7.5 is this correct? some one show me some pics or let me know what you guys are running? here is a pic of a really dope msp i was wondering if anyone knew the specs? i dont mind if i have to fender roll either thanks.

49038072106069f4296eb.jpg

here are the rims!

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-521-Wheels-s/1521.htm

ive got two sets of 8s. +45 with 235/40s on it and +38 with 215/45s

patience, fender work and bumper cutting are required if you are to be lowered

You can fit 8 inch wide wheels but you will need to stretch the tires like above. There is a thread on "Agressive Fitment" in the Third Gen Protege Section and you can also look in the Photo & Video thread for the "Slammed Thread" for more ideas. Unfortunately those of us who have 5 lugs can only find certain wheels that will fit like these unless those companies can make you a one off set.

The wheels on the Black Protege are 16x8 with a +20 offset.

Last edited:
you dont have to stretch on all 8's. Ive got 235/40s on my rpf1

dude, please do a ******* search, this information is very readily available, you already posted in the aggressive fitment thread, if you just read through the thread you will have all the info you could possibly need
18x8 or 18x8.5 are just sizes, we need offset to tell you whether or not they will fit, and just a heads up, you will need to stretch tire and roll your fenders, im thinkin a 205 on the 8" or a 215 on the 8.5 to get them to fit nice without a s*** ton of rubbing
as to the widest rim, there is no such thing, hell im sure you could put a 11" wide rim on the MSP, technically it would fit, but would it look good? HELL NO
the widest that i have seen that looks okay, is 17x9 +30 with 205/40's, and that was cutting it very close to looking stupid

edit: and it all really depends on how low you want to go, like he^ said, you technically dont even have to stretch on a 8", but if you want to go low, and be fitted, like the pic you posted, then your def going to have to stretch

Back