Dome light not dimming?

Errnee

:
2.0sport 323 /Protege5
Sorry to post this up, Im completely stumped over this problem...

Ive used the search on here and google but found nothing relating to this.

So I hope you can help..

I have footwell led strips front and back, wired up to the dome light feed on the dash clocks wire harness plus the sills. All worked fine.

Until....

Friday, I removed my Lightup sills from the car to be re-done using El strips. Still all was fine untill I took the car out Sunday and noticed my front leds ( rears where disconnected) and dome light constantly lit ( doesn't fade or turn off) on the 'Door' function. The dome light turns off in the 'off' position BUT the leds dont?

Ive checked all the earth's, they are fine and the door pin switches, these are fine.

is the dome light dimmer function something that can go bad and be replaced?

What else could it be?

Ive looked at wiring diagrams but these might as well be in Hieroglyphics for all I can tell.......

:( :(

Hi, have you find answer to your problem?
I don't have dimmer and I wan't to install it so I'm looking for a solution.

maybe you have something in the hot wires shorting out and causing the circuit to stay active when its not supposed to be. un plug all the after market stuff and see if that fixes it, the plug them back up 1 by 1 until you find the one causing the issue

My car never got it. And I think it is because OEM keyless entry isn't there.
I want to install it but i don't know which parts should I look for. I think that dashboard is the key feature.

Back