bose speakers

supradupe

:
2015 Mazda 3 sGT HB 6MT; 2015 CX-5 GT AWD, 2003 E39
In our 2010 GT, with Nav. The bose sound system is really mediocre, vocal is somewhat muffed, bass is boomy and not controlled. No perceivable high note. This is way worst than the M--Class we replaced. It has 10 speakers but they are all garbage.

In our 2010 GT, with Nav. The bose sound system is really mediocre, vocal is somewhat muffed, bass is boomy and not controlled. No perceivable high note. This is way worst than the M--Class we replaced. It has 10 speakers but they are all garbage.

Supradupe-
There's something amiss. It sounds to me as if some of your speakers are out of phase. If they are, it would mean that they were mis-wired at the factory and will be covered under warranty.
Assuming of course, that you've gone through the whole "on-screen graphic equalizer" and tried to make it sound to your liking?
You didn't say but is this on FM, SAT, CD, AUX?

I love the Bose speaker system in mine, but I don't have a lot to compare it to. I've never really had a high quality after-market sound system before, but the Bose system sounds plenty good to me and is definitely loud enough. I had it above 35 for the first time the other day and was impressed with the sound quality.

Supradupe-
There's something amiss. It sounds to me as if some of your speakers are out of phase. If they are, it would mean that they were mis-wired at the factory and will be covered under warranty.
Assuming of course, that you've gone through the whole "on-screen graphic equalizer" and tried to make it sound to your liking?
You didn't say but is this on FM, SAT, CD, AUX?

Yes, I tweaked it to the best I can. The center point thing is just a gimmick. It does not work on most inputs except CD and RSES. For example, if you listen to news channels like CNN/CNBC, etc. The human voice is muffed at best. I had to dial up the treble in order to get some decent human voice to come out of the speakers.

For music, I listen to mainly classcials and jazz. The boomy sound from the bose is worthless to me. It is just some wildly uncontrolled low frequency noise emitted from the sub-woofer. Anyhow, I do agree that if there is "no low and no high it must be a bose".

Odd. Our 6 speaker with paper cones and whizzers doesn't sound bad. Mid-range is a bit muddy, but bass is decent, and vocals are very precise.

The Bose should sound a LOT better.

No highs, no lows they must be Bose.

I find the speakers adequate but not impressive at all.

I agree. The sound is ok, but really the standard system in my 2000 Tundra sounds better to my ears. The G35 my wife drove previous to the 9 had a Bose set up as well and it sounded better. Not great, just better. Probably due to the interior shape and size.

The Bose system on my '09 Touring is very underwhelming. Not impressive at all for an optional upgrade. Hard to say what the price was because it came bundled with the moon roof but I would say it's not worth it. I haven't tried the base system but I can't imagine it would be any worse.
Two particular gripes:
1) Illumination Effect: maybe it's because I only have the Touring and no Nav but this "effect" is useless. As best I can tell, all it does is slightly brighten the backlighting around the volume knob when you adjust the volume. Am I missing something here?
2) Bluetooth volume: the volume for the "beep" that prompts bluetooth phone commands is twice as loud as the actual phone conversation you will hear. Crank the conversation up to where you can hear it and the next beep will be annoyingly loud.

The Bose system on my '09 Touring is very underwhelming. Not impressive at all for an optional upgrade. Hard to say what the price was because it came bundled with the moon roof but I would say it's not worth it. I haven't tried the base system but I can't imagine it would be any worse.
Two particular gripes:
1) Illumination Effect: maybe it's because I only have the Touring and no Nav but this "effect" is useless. As best I can tell, all it does is slightly brighten the backlighting around the volume knob when you adjust the volume. Am I missing something here?
2) Bluetooth volume: the volume for the "beep" that prompts bluetooth phone commands is twice as loud as the actual phone conversation you will hear. Crank the conversation up to where you can hear it and the next beep will be annoyingly loud.

For #2, there was a post that stated that when you adjust the volume on your phone during a call using BT, this will address what you are experiencing.

Back