Memory Seats

Senn8382

I have a 2009 Touring model with the power driver seat. Is it possible to add the memory seat feature that has two saved seat settings. One for each driver?

I will never buy another car without this feature. My truck has memory seats and I should have known it would be high priority. My wife likes her seat leaned way back and lowered all the way down (she's 6' 1") and I like the seat leaned forward but raises up. Darn near 99% of the time I drive it I always forget to put the seat back and she is the first person to let me know about it. :)

Last edited:
Hmm... I am pretty sure my 2008 GT model has a (1) and (2) and (SET) button which allows me to have settings for me and my wife (who never drives mine)...

Hmm... I am pretty sure my 2008 GT model has a (1) and (2) and (SET) button which allows me to have settings for me and my wife (who never drives mine)...

Yes, but is there a way to add it since I didn't purchase the CX-9 with this option pre-installed?

So what you are saying is that your drivers seats, are aftermarket add-ins. Not the factory install from Mazda.

So if YOU added the power seats after you purchased it, then you should have read the instruction manual before you had them installed since they don't do what you want..... Maybe I'm missing somthing here....

So what you are saying is that your drivers seats, are aftermarket add-ins. Not the factory install from Mazda.

So if YOU added the power seats after you purchased it, then you should have read the instruction manual before you had them installed since they don't do what you want..... Maybe I'm missing somthing here....

ummmm no . . .

what he is trying to say is that he currently owns a Touring model which does NOT have the factory memory seats only the power ones.
he wants to know:
A. is there an after market option to add a memory feature to powered seats
or
B. Can he swap in a set of seats from a Grand-Touring model that has the factory memory controls

anyway, i haven't seen any after market kits that add a memory feature to powered seats usually the reason is that further up the model line is a seat that has the feature and they just swap them in.
now this MIGHT be possible given that the memory feature of the GT doesn't control the rear view mirrors, side mirrors, or climate control settings like some of the Audi and BMW's out there.
so given that the memory controls are part of the seat and essentially one unit it would then be possible if the connections were the same or the Touring model came wire with it for some reason.

i don't have a factory service manual so i can't answer this without going and bugging my dealership . . .again lol

You really wouldn't have to swap out the seat, ASSUMING the electrical harness under the seat has the connection for the memory seat switch. Basically you would order the panel for the GT from your parts department, and swap it out for the panel on yours that omits the "set, 1,2,3" switch. Again, it won't do you any good unless the electrical harness is the same between the Touring and GT. Sometimes, manufacturers go to an entirely different harness that omits the branch, or they use one harness across all trime lines and simply tape off branches that don't get used for options missing from lower trim levels. I hope that made sense.

You really wouldn't have to swap out the seat, ASSUMING the electrical harness under the seat has the connection for the memory seat switch. Basically you would order the panel for the GT from your parts department, and swap it out for the panel on yours that omits the "set, 1,2,3" switch. Again, it won't do you any good unless the electrical harness is the same between the Touring and GT. Sometimes, manufacturers go to an entirely different harness that omits the branch, or they use one harness across all trime lines and simply tape off branches that don't get used for options missing from lower trim levels. I hope that made sense.

It makes sense and that was my hope. If I get time this weekend I will try and get a look at the wiring harness.

Has anyone had luck with this? I also have a touring and the wife started driving my car.. grr!! I get the seat perfect then she moves it... I called a few dealers and no one has a part number for it!

I think you are the only one saying it's worthless.
Why do you want to press it while in motion?
Don't you push the button when you get in the car or the seat goes to your position when you open driver door with your key (within time frame).

Last edited:
I love to have those settings (seat, side and rear view mirrors) in our Mazdas.
I heard only Audi and BMW have it.

My wifes 2011 Equinox LTZ adjusts seats and mirrors when memory 1 or 2 are pressed. Mirrors also tilt down when put in reverse. The drivers seat moves to full back position for ease of exit when placed in park and door is open. Pretty handy features.

Mirrors also tilt down when put in reverse
I put convex mirrors on both car and they are doing a good job.

The drivers seat moves to full back position for ease of exit when placed in park and door is open
I am just wondering of someone's sitting behind the driver. They feel like being squeezed.
How the seat function if you get out of the car but leave the door open, then get back in and close the door?
Will the seat move back to previous position or you have to push a button?

I am just wondering of someone's sitting behind the driver. They feel like being squeezed.
How the seat function if you get out of the car but leave the door open, then get back in and close the door?
Will the seat move back to previous position or you have to push a button?[/QUOTE]

Actually the rear seating is quite roomy in the Nox and no, the knee crashes haven't happened.

Upon reentry you must push one of the memory buttons, like the 9's, to move the seat and outside mirror to a previously saved position.

Back