2009 Mazda5 Face Lift Help Needed

tefloncandi

:
2009 Mazda5
I just purchased an 09 M5, and would like to know of any after market source for the following items:

Body or lip kit
Rear decklid spoiler
lowering springs
Sunroof wind deflector

Please help me out, I am picking up the van tomorrow and would like to start out right!

Thanx, Neil"Tefloncandi"Mala

Welcome to the forums.
What country are you in? That will help people make relevant suggestions other than e-bay.

Will the 2009 RX-8 wheel with a Offset: 45mm Backspacing: 6.33" Bolt Pattern: 5-114 and a Tire Size:225/40-18 fit my wagon? I also plan on lowering it, what will be the best way to accomplish this and still haul the family on vacation with the roof rack and carrier filled? Please give me some guidance!

Will the 2009 RX-8 wheel with a Offset: 45mm Backspacing: 6.33" Bolt Pattern: 5-114 and a Tire Size:225/40-18 fit my wagon? I also plan on lowering it, what will be the best way to accomplish this and still haul the family on vacation with the roof rack and carrier filled? Please give me some guidance!

Welcome to the forum.

First off, yes the RX8 wheels will fit. Please see post #34 on the link.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123655878&page=3

There are a few lowering springs option for the 5, I am lowered on progress springs right now and have tried loading the 5 with 5 adults and 1 kid but no luggage. You might want to consider H&R, a lot of M5 owners I know are on this setup. You can also see some of the cars with this setup on the link that I attached.

Last edited:
Which model 5 did you buy, Neil? Auto or manual? New or used? Colour? Mods yet?

I purchased a 2009 and I believe it is a Touring model with an auto stick transmission.

I want to put on a set of 2009 Mazda RX-8 18 inch after market rims which I found on tire rack , a Kenstyle lip kit to include the tailgate wing, the OEM overhead rack and last but not least lower it down. It seems as if lowering it might be a little challenge after reading all of the posts. All consensus seem to agree on H&R's all around or a combination type of springs. After lowering the van, what else will I need?

After lowering the van, what else will I need?

Well....:)

Some members (Venom, Kid & others) have gone wild doing mods to their 5's, while others have been more conservative.

You could buy springs (Megan, H&R, MS3 etc) and be done with the suspension mods, or also add KYB shocks/struts, MS3 or other front/rear anti-roll bar, adjustable control arms, drilled brake rotors, grippier brake pads.

Keep in mind that most suspension parts designed for the Mazda3 will fit the 5. They are basically the same under the body. Check to confirm fitment.

BTW, lots of vendors on the forum will supply anything you want for the 5

Tint, if it doesn't have it yet. What color did you pick out?
You mention the spoiler, but the Touring already has a smallish one integrated into the 3rd brake light. You also mentioned a body kit, but the Touring has running boards also. Since you seemed to be a bit unsure, here is a quick way to tell an 08+ Sport vs. Touring: Fog lamps, moonroof, tailgate spoiler, running boards, LED taillights with no large red running lamp section. All of these are on the Touring, but not the Sport.

Back