YellowSpeed Coilovers on MSP

I think I might be the first MSP on these!!

I just finished up the hour long drive home which was mixed traffic and open freeway along with some city streets with potholes.
My first impression is great. The car handles fantastic is much stiffer in steering and turning feel but really isn't as harsh of a ride as I had expected. In fact it feels better and smother. The car itself now feels like I'm riding on rails and the turns are so much more crisp. Makes you feel like your footing is much more stable on tight fast turns. I'll be able to add more to this as I relearn how to drive this car since I've been away from her driving a huge old pick-up for the past 5-6 weeks, Once we get back into harmony I'll be able to tell you guys more about what her footing really is plus she needs an alignment badly!!. All in All Great choice!!! I'll post pics in a bit I really want to go back out and drive some more!!!!!!!!
These were purchased and installed through ProtegeGarage. I doubt they are listed on the site as of yet but if you contact Ken he can order them for you!!

Attachments

• Spicy with YellowSpeed coilovers.JPG
    Spicy with YellowSpeed coilovers.JPG
    814.8 KB · Views: 670
  • Spicy with YellowSpeed coilovers 2.JPG
    Spicy with YellowSpeed coilovers 2.JPG
    634.9 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    720.2 KB · Views: 658
I don't see anyone signed up for it. At least with PG you don't need to wait for the group buy to end. and the price I believe is pretty close to that.

No about half from what I'm told. Plus I still need to install endlinks which make the ride even better!!

nice. i will love to see them all the way down. id love to get coilovers but my exhaust wouldnt like it.

This is as low as I can actually go seeing as I live in the inner city of pothole filled Chicago. Plus we have speed humps/tables on tons of streets and alleys that I most likely couldn't clear. It doesn't help that I have my Hot pipe with my SSQV tucked just under the front lip. I think I'll scrape it as is right now if parking head on in a spot with parking blocks, like at a mall or something. I'll have to test that out.

Ok so It's been a few days with the coilovers. I'm still waiting on my endlinks to arrives so the sway bars are still hanging, and I still need to get the wheel alignment. I found that at my current height my front wheels were rubbing the inner fender well pretty deeply, and I had a clicking going on up there as well. I quickly found out that the clicking was just the wheel lugs needing some tightening and I tossed some spacers on in front.....Much Better!!!!

more pics

Attachments

• spicy with YellowSpeed Coilovers3.JPG
    spicy with YellowSpeed Coilovers3.JPG
    713.8 KB · Views: 423
  • spicy with YellowSpeed Coilovers4.JPG
    spicy with YellowSpeed Coilovers4.JPG
    600.9 KB · Views: 408
  • spicy with Yellowspeed coilovers5.JPG
    spicy with Yellowspeed coilovers5.JPG
    622.8 KB · Views: 415
I finally got my wheel alignment today. Much better. My drivers rear wheels is finally back where it should tucked inside the well instead of rubbing on it!! The end toes was way in so now that is better as well. Now that I can actually test it on right hand turns I'll give some impressions after this weekend. Then I'll install some endlinks and reattach the front and rear sways and give my final impressions. As of right now I'm a very happy man!
Here is acopy of my wheel alignment spec sheet incase anyone cares.

I'll post it in a bit the site is having troubles

Ok so I just finally got the rear sway connected with the new endlinks Boy was that a pain in my ass. Rear clunk is all gone... Finally... and the rear of the car is so much stiffer
fronts tomarrow

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving this setup. Not so sure about spring rates. This was all ordered and installed by PG. I just said "sure I'll let you put a coilover system on my car" LOL I did have to install the endlinks myself. Ken didn't get them as quick as he wanted and didn't want me without my car any longer I got the rears installed which feel great. I ran without both front and rear sways connected for about 2 weeks or so, and the suspension itself felt great and cornered very well. Now that I have the rear sway attached it's even nicer and much more firm with roll. I'm hoping to get the front done tomarrow.

So per Ken opinion these yellowspeed are just an option to BC ones or better quality as well, are the yellospeed one cheaper too ?

Endlinks are from yellowspeed or oem ones ?

Back