towing

bgibb68

:
'02 P5 Vivid Yellow
So i'm looking into towing my p5 cause i'll be moving to raleigh, nc. looks like the trailer from uhaul wont be an option and i just dont know about the dolly. thinking about using a tow bar but not to sure on how to hook up to the car.

* anyone know about a base plate that fits that doesn't cost like 400 bucks??

* would the dolly be safe enough to tow my car with? it's lowered 2 inches, i'm just scared of losing the muffler or bumper(hand)

i wouldnt use a dolly for somthing that far. i know u dont want to but a flatbed trailer or a trailer from uhaul is ur best bet.

i would rather use a flat bed trailer above all.....but uhaul saying it's a nogo....cause i have a dakota(weight)

There isn't a lot of overhang on the rear of the P5 so a tow dolly should work ok. Tow dollies are easier to tow than a trailer. That said you cannot back up with the vehicle on a dolly, so you have to carefully select parking spaces. Front wheel drives are easy with a dolly.

Before deciding to flat tow do a search, or check with a RV place to see if they would recommend flat towing your car.

Clifton

bump to the top:

has anyone flat towed their protege standard tranny more than 100 miles??????

pay someone to drive the protege, and pay for a bus ticket or plane ticket back. way cheaper then most roughts.

pay someone to drive the protege, and pay for a bus ticket or plane ticket back. way cheaper then most roughts.

only if no damage......i got the tow bar for 80 bucks.....a uhaul trailer if and only IF is 220 but that is like a 30% chance of getting....

Just FYI, it would probably cost between $600 and $800 to have the car shipped that distance.

My buddy just moved from Iowa City to Austin, TX and he actually put his Impala inside the U-Haul. It was a 26' trailer tho..

Back