stock j-pipe bung allen size?

zoomzoomMSP

Contributor
:
2003.5 MSP
i have a stock exhaust on my MSP and the j-pipe has a removable bung plug that i need to take out to install my wideband sensor, what size is the allen to remove it? i thought it was an 8mm but it feels sloppy. its also rusted shut so im struggling with removal.

i have a stock exhaust on my MSP and the j-pipe has a removable bung plug that i need to take out to install my wideband sensor, what size is the allen to remove it? i thought it was an 8mm but it feels sloppy. its also rusted shut so im struggling with removal.

.... i thought it was a bolt from the factory.... Well mine was a bolt at least.

my car is running with stock headers, cat, and pipe but i have 4.25'' muffler my question is will that do any better in my car or not

IMHO adding an aftermarket muffler might look better and may sound a little better but the power gains will be minimal. but to answer your question yeah its better.

i like how it looks and sound some people told me that the motor lose compression or back pressure something like that is it true?

i like how it looks and sound some people told me that the motor lose compression or back pressure something like that is it true?

With just a muffler, the loss of backpressure will be fairly minimal. Doesn't matter much in our cars though, because all the power is higher up in the rev range anyways due to the turbo.

And loss of compression? Never heard that one before. I'd suggest that you don't ask whoever told you that for any car advice in the future :)

Back