Megan Racing Springs

true. only problem is: paypal says i got a refund..but the $ isnt back in my account yet :/ ?

and once this gets cleared out, ill get it from SpeedCircuit

EDIT: got the $dough$ back :)..happy camper..buying from speedcircuit in a week or 2

Last edited:
But would they do the claimed drop of 2" on an msp or just p5? I'm thinking bout these due to the price diff from sleeves to springs

msp and mp3 springs dont sit perfect on a p5. They either sit too low in the rear or too high, it was a long time ago when i researched it, which is why i ended up getting megans. If they are P5 specific then they prolly wont sit right on your msp. This being only if they are P5 specific. Either way GC's will def get you lower. Heres my p5 on Megans

IMG_20110408_190713.jpg

IMG_20110414_190224.jpg

archive-10122010504.jpg

the last pic i came in the driveway and yanked the ebrake while coming to a stop which is why the rear looks higher.

Last edited:
msp and mp3 springs dont sit perfect on a p5. They either sit too low in the rear or too high, it was a long time ago when i researched it, which is why i ended up getting megans. If they are P5 specific then they prolly wont sit right on your msp. This being only if they are P5 specific. Either way GC's will def get you lower. Heres my p5 on Megans

IMG_20110408_190713.jpg

what struts you runnin

IMG_20110414_190224.jpg

archive-10122010504.jpg

the last pic i came in the driveway and yanked the ebrake while coming to a stop which is why the rear looks higher.

MSP springs on MSP specific struts will sit fine. That's how my P5 is set up. MSP springs on regular Protege struts, the ass sags.

MSP springs on MSP specific struts will sit fine. That's how my P5 is set up. MSP springs on regular Protege struts, the ass sags.

Well there ya go. Thanks for the info. I'm on kyb gr2s btw. They're ok but could really benefit from a better shock. Illuminas are next on the list.

Yeah, the difference is the spring perch design on the MSP struts. It's higher up than on the regular Blues. That's what does it.

so would you guys recommend doing the GC sleeves or just gettting springs to put on the stock struts/shocks....thanks

Not quite sure where your getting your information but the struts for any sedan 01-03 are the same wether its an msp mp3 lx or dx its the same. Weak old or worn out struts may cause sagging or getting the springs mixed up. The only protege that uses diffferent struts is the protege 5 which may also be your problem.

so would you guys recommend doing the GC sleeves or just gettting springs to put on the stock struts/shocks....thanks

sleeves u can go any hight u want but i hear its a realy bumpy ass ride and if u get springs u can only go 2 inchs drop with megan springs most springs only go 1.5 inch drop

^ lol. That was me.

But I have read that the adjustable springs ride shittier. Might just be since they get dropped past 2 or 2.5 " and it's obviously bumpier

ibaant a controlled test done. Where someone has the same struts. Lets say tokico blues and they get some Megan sorings on which drop 2 inches. Then try 2" drop w the skunks or other adjustable springs. & THEN we would have a more appropriate answer. Same can be done by getting tein s techs and dropping skunks to 1.5 ish.

Idk just my 2c

thanks i think im going with just lowering springs right now, ive heard alot of the adjustable sleeves make noise and are stiffer than all get out

ya they are the best way to go if u like different hights is coilovers witch i am trying to do but no one wants to by my megan springs and tokico blues

300 +shipping for all 4 is thats ok cause i just bought them like 2 mounths ago not even but if u want we can talk about the price more

Back