Megan Racing Springs

im in the same situation,,, so where can i find th best price? anyone less than total of 150??

so who here has the megan springs with stock struts, how do they ride, how long have you been on them?

All the struts designed for the specific car have the same mounting points... and every spring is designed to work with those mounting points.

My suggestion is to save a few more pennies and buy a spring that's worthwhile instead of something affordable. You'll thank yourself in the long run. Hell, even a set of used Teins with 50k miles on them would be a better investment. Always remember that when it comes to the Protege, you get what you pay for. There aren't many manufacturers of parts for these cars because they're not in great demand (and never really were either). I came from the Honda crowd years ago, I've seen my share of s*** parts.

i would say that these springs are definitely worth it. its hard to find a quality spring for the same price. everything else would be some cheap ebay knock off. ive had my springs on with tokico illuminas for about 3 or 4 years now. they are great springs if you match them with worth while struts. i found my struts on ebay brand new for $440 with free shipping. i dont remember who i bought them from but if you shop around you can find a good deal.

also, buy them at the same time. anyone that has bought springs, installed them, then later bought new struts and installed them will tell you to do it all at the same time.

i love the higher spring rate. its not quite the advertised 2" drop but it is noticeable.

they are affordable and thats what makes them such a great buy. i would only switch them out for coilovers. but those are way out of my price range.

Thanks for the positive info, and thats what ive came to conclude from reading all these posts: that megans go well with illuminas.

So the megans and tokicos cost 520 together.. while tokico set is 550..

Not only is ^ cheapest, but provide a lower ride.

Right? Lol

yeah ^

AND even tho its $108..shipping is $21 (for me at least)

While, protegegarage.com is still cheaper with $120 (FTW)

Oh ya by ur blues from there I have that set up and I love it magan springs with blue struts is a good cheap set up I live it

Back