De-Badge 2009 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring

-Batman-

Hey guys just curious for any of you who may have already de-badged your MS3 - i convinced my buddy to get into mazdas and he ended up buying a MS3 Grand Touring and now he wants to de-badge it and from what i understand for a little while now on most newer cars they don't actually poke holes in the cars body pieces with the emblems, they just 3M double side tape them basically

so my question is this - can we just peel off all the logo's/emblems and goof-off the glue residue and be done like i suspected or does some/all of the logo's emblems leave holes in the body panels??

:cool:

On the MS3, the MAZDASPEED 3 badges can be removed without any holes being left behind. The flying M logo on the rear does leave two pin holes though that would require you to fill them/sand/re-paint.

On the MS3, the MAZDASPEED 3 badges can be removed without any holes being left behind. The flying M logo on the rear does leave two pin holes though that would require you to fill them/sand/re-paint.

awesome man thanks, thats exactly what i told him, i was like if ANY of those badges will leave holes, it will be the mazda logo - they will want you to advertise for them.

sick ass ms3 by the way - i love white

^^ I was going to remove the rear emblem completely but discovered that I didnt want to mess with the two holes. They are about 1/8 inch... a little bigger than pin hole size:)

Hey guys just curious for any of you who may have already de-badged your MS3 - i convinced my buddy to get into mazdas and he ended up buying a MS3 Grand Touring and now he wants to de-badge it and from what i understand for a little while now on most newer cars they don't actually poke holes in the cars body pieces with the emblems, they just 3M double side tape them basically

so my question is this - can we just peel off all the logo's/emblems and goof-off the glue residue and be done like i suspected or does some/all of the logo's emblems leave holes in the body panels??

:cool:

Do not use goof-off, use rubbing alcohol, the goof-off will eat the paint.

I've used goof-off on 3 vehicles without any ill-effect. As long as you wash the spot immediately after, claybar, polish and wax, you're fine.

Debadged, FTW.

I've taken the flying M off twice to clean behind it. I'd rather have nothing on the hatch, but I'll take it like this.

16.jpg

And while you're at it, get rid of the door moldings too.

13.jpg

Latest posts

Back