ALL 2.3 DZR speeds Want a TMIC

that's odd, even on the ETS website they state their TMIC also has cast end tanks...?

I did read that on their website after you post that. It's odd they say that, because the pictures show folded and welded end tanks. I have yet to see one with cast end tanks.

yea that was starting to confuse me.

doesn't help that the txt description on ETS and SU pages are just a cut&paste of eachother...

I realize we are a ways away, but how soon before you'd start testing the CS piece (considering you are shooting for Dec delivery)?

I was looking at the ETS intercooler last night at a MazdasNW meet and they are definately folded end tanks.

-Derrick

maybe since the ends are casts pieces then welded on that's considered casted to them? can you better explain what your referring to on cast end tanks Derrick? I'm really confused now.

Haha i got my order of the same things for my 7 last week!

damn, mine's a liquid platinum as well, and i also have the forge (version 2). good thing i'm in ct. next on the list is the aero package.

I would assume cast means pouring molten aluminum into a mold to create the endtank. Essentially it would look like the stock endtanks, although likely larger.

Correct. The folded end tanks are flat sheets of aluminum that are cut and folded to shape and then welded to the core. The cast end tanks are how the stock end tanks are made (much better flow across the core).

Correct. The folded end tanks are flat sheets of aluminum that are cut and folded to shape and then welded to the core. The cast end tanks are how the stock end tanks are made (much better flow across the core).
Good morning Jacob, any preliminary data, graphs, pictures, etc of the TMIC kit?

We are moving forward with the project. We will post up when we have some updates.

-Derrick

Im on the market for one, do I wait? for something at least coming any time soon? just asking

It will most likely still be about 2 months before we release the TMIC. We need to verify that the molds for the castings are perfect and free of any blemishes before we move to production. That is the biggest time hold up at the moment. I will continue to post updates when anything relevant comes along. The cast end tanks are much more time consuming to make, but I feel the added benefits will be well worth the wait.

the air vent under the hood will still fit, right? Just not the plastic grid/shroud on top of the actual TMIC.

Last edited:
what dimensions are you going to be using?

im sure you are going to do flow testing to determine pressure drop and cooling benefits

can you create/offer a PNP cold pipe to allow smoother airflow, preferrably with a sealable tap for methanol

Right. We will include a shroud around the TMIC that will replace the one that bolts to the stock TMIC. That way you will keep the seal around the air vents to maintain airflow to the intercooler.

Final design of the end tanks are in the casting process right now. That is really the main hold up on these at the moment. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Back