ALL 2.3 DZR speeds Want a TMIC

I am working on a TMIC kit that would utilize a larger core (will not reuse the factory shroud) to optimize airflow. We would most likely offer it in polished or unfinished AL, with the option for Anodizing for an added cost. I will post up an approximate target price once I get a few more items finalized.

I am working on a TMIC kit that would utilize a larger core (will not reuse the factory shroud) to optimize airflow. We would most likely offer it in polished or unfinished AL, with the option for Anodizing for an added cost. I will post up an approximate target price once I get a few more items finalized.

im really intrigued. an upgraded tmic and ap (with supporting mods) are the only thing i have planned left for my car. well after i install my dp i just got in the mail today

I also am interested. I plan to get a TMIC at some point, probably after this winter. Have been pleased with the CS Intake/TIP so far. I would definitely consider you guys for an upgraded top mount.

sweet!! lets make this happen...i put off gettin a tmic from ets once this thread opened up..i want this bad boy on b4 xmas..that feasable or we looking at early next year??

The sooner we get enough interest, obviously the sooner we will have them out. Based upon past experience though, I would say after xmas just to play it safe and not get your hopes up.

Jacob the demand is deff out here...although what signifies "interest" to CS?? are you looking for a certain number of members to respond-if so we can start a sign-up list

Ideally 50, but an initial list of 30 people seriously interested would give me enough confidence to move forward.

i'm in for one for a cx-7 as well.

just ordered the power series exhaust, sri, and boost tubes from corksport. a tmic would be sweet.

Just a heads up, someone from ETS has been posting up over on MSF a lot about the revised design of their top mount. Looks pretty nice. Also, they are releasing a Gen 2 specific TMIC within the week or so. He also has several choices for an anodized finish. I am sure this will bump up the price but the black one looks sick!

I am still interested in what CS comes up with, but just sayin you should do it sooner rather than later. Also offer anodizing and undercut their price by $100:)

Thanks

Just a heads up, someone from ETS has been posting up over on MSF a lot about the revised design of their top mount. Looks pretty nice. Also, they are releasing a Gen 2 specific TMIC within the week or so. He also has several choices for an anodized finish. I am sure this will bump up the price but the black one looks sick!

As stated by BIGJOHN, it is already out there, test fit to the GENPU was completed last Friday, cores are in stock, production starts tomorrow, anodizing at the end of the week, mine was preordered in black last week and will have it on the car before the end of the month.

You snooze you lose, undercut their price by $100, probably not going to happen.

Just two more pieces to go, FP and tune.

I am absolutely going to buy a TMIC and would certainly be interested in a piece from CS

Edit: I mean I literally was going to purchase the SU piece within the week...but will hold off for a bit if a (better) CS piece is developed.

Last edited:
We are shooting for a target release around Christmas. May swing either side of that depending on how smoothly everything goes.

As the design sits right now:
We have a larger core (with better cooling) that will not use the stock shroud due to size, but will include one to seal the inlet.
Cast end tanks that optimize flow to the entire cross-section of the core (will reuse stock cold pipe as this does not restrict flow with our design).
For an added cost, anodizing the shroud/end tanks as an option.

If anyone has an idea or suggestions on changes/improvements please post.

please have those boost tubes produced for the 2006 Mazdaspeed6! Or have a value pack that includes the TMIC + Boost Tubes for 07 MZR and a package for the 06 MS6 as well!

guy from SU flat out told me there is no difference in top mounts across brands and that, "they're all basically the same." really? Because the ets piece is cheaper than theirs and in stock (last time i checked). Is this true or was dude just being cross because I asked what was better about the SU piece vs others.

What is going to be the value of the CS piece over others already on the market?

Most all aftermarket TMIC kits on the market for the MZR engine will have a larger core than the stock one (so not much of a difference between competitors). The main difference with ours is the cast end tanks. They have a very high up front cost, but offer much more even flow distribution across the core than folded (welded) end tanks.

Back