ALL 2.3 DZR speeds Want a TMIC

Love the fact that it will fit the stock shroud. Sad that I missed the pre-order. Still looks like a great option for down the road.

I am tying to convince my wife that this is a good purchase and wanted to know if upgrading the intercooler will increase my gas mileage? Does anyone know?

Actually, probably not? Fuel atomizes more easily at higher temperatures. Cooler air charge means more fuel. Sorry, dude. I mean, someone back me up on this one, but I'm pretty certain you won't be able to get away with it. It's your money, dude. YOU do what you want with it.

I am tying to convince my wife that this is a good purchase and wanted to know if upgrading the intercooler will increase my gas mileage? Does anyone know?

Yeah, tons of gas mileage. You'll easily see 5-10mpg increase. It practically turns your car into a hybrid. It also increases cell phone reception, reduces wrinkles, makes you look thinner, AND makes your lips bigger.

Bam, wife convienced.

Yeah, tons of gas mileage. You'll easily see 5-10mpg increase. It practically turns your car into a hybrid. It also increases cell phone reception, reduces wrinkles, makes you look thinner, AND makes your lips bigger.

Bam, wife convienced.

Lol, sweet! Can it cook me some breakfast too?

Since you can use the OEM shroud with this you wont be able to tell its even there by looking at the engine. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. However if gas mileage is a selling point you need to tell her that the best way to improve mpg is by getting an AP. you can tell her all about their "economy tune", not that you will ever have to use it. You can also tell her that it is common knowledge that the AP works best with an intake, turbo inlet and test pipe. Do all that and you will notice a huge difference. I went this route and it work out great. My wife has never calculated MPG in her life, she just felt better about all the mods since MPG was my "main" goal. It turns out that she loves the difference. The only down side is her car is now MUCH faster than mine in a strait line..... Oh well.

dyno chart please.

I mean, I realize that any gains are likely negligible on a stock swap, but they should be noticable with a few supporting mods (intake/exhaust). At least give us something on a car with intake/TIP, as these are pretty common first mods...I think...idk, I just don't agree with talking up the power gains and not giving us the actual numbers to verify claims. I know, you're super busy and I 'm sorry for being so damn whiny...I am still very excited to get the piece.

Last edited:

its also a longevity of motor mod. turbo has to work less to reach boost because of less restrictions and it cools much better so detonation is lessened. cools faster and stays cooler.

dyno chart needed. Would make sense to be able to see the gains you speak of prior to charging. I jumped on this due to the price and still eagerly await the piece, and granted, your flow & pressure numbers are [much] better than comp (depending on where in powerband)...which still confuses me given your smaller core and most other design queues being "equal" (cast end tanks, bar/plate)...just missing that last key piece. What, are you guys super busy or something? Oh right...you are stupid busy giving mazda owners of all kinds great products...CURSES...AND THANK YOU!!

I logged in to say that very same thing...basically lol. I have heard nothing from them aside from the usual, "end of march". well, guess what...9 more days...still no dyno...still no order processed on my cc, dave for the $50 deposit...

If end of march is too early, just tell us. take your time. get it right. but post the damn dyno charts so we at least have a ballpark...or give us the raw data xls files so we can see the pre-polished tech data...I know for a fact other companies have done this, as I have excel files from them lol.

ahhh...sigh...seriously though enough with the dick tease. also I'm drunk and should delete most of what this post contains...

Ok everyone. We have posted up an update on the TMIC in our knowledge base.

We will be shipping out the TMIC on April 16th.

I will be contacting everyone to finalize the orders and if anyone wants to add anything extra you will have a chance then.

We have had some people ask if they can delay the purchase do to a variety of reasons and will the discount still be applicable. If you placed a pre-order the discounted price will be honored even if your TMIC doesn't ship out with the rest on April 16th.

-Derrick

I'm beginning to doubt the claims made by CS and their gains with their top mount.

1. end of march, item "shipping" april 16th; no dyno posted yet. I'm sure they had to have tested it on the dyno to make the claim of "significant gains over stock": so what's the hold-up on sharing the numbers with us? Perhaps the numbers aren't good at all. which brings me to #2.

2. the pressure drop & Therm Eff numbers are very good. VERY. A 91% therm eff is crazy good. too good? other companies have flat out stated this number is impossible to get...and they [other companies] have a bigger core, cast end tanks, bar/plate, etc. I would think (but honestly don't know and could be apples to oranges here) that the much better numbers of pressure drop/thrm eff would mean more hp/tq? If that is the case, I would think that CS would be chomping at the bit to show us their dyno numbers, as they should prove the superiority of their piece. I can't wait to show the data I have on another company's piece, but have to wait until they officially post it. I asked for the info, they gave it too me (it is a little more complicated, but essentially that's what happened haha). regardless, it will be nice to have people more in the know look at raw data files (with dyno testing) and make educated statements...I can crunch numbers and get a good baseline but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

3. they already released a "final" doc with no dyno numbers...only to release an update to the "final" doc with a later shipping date and a very impressive "we custom made a shipping box" update...seriously?

4. a lot of time has passed since i started typing this (went to lunch, had a few beers) and I'm not so upset anymore...but tomorrow will be the same "where is the validity to the claims made"...it really sou8nds like I'm ragging on CS here...well i am, I suppose. If you make claims, back them up...preferably a good deal of time prior to us having to buy the piece.

now...where's the carcass to that horse because I've got some punchin' to do.

Back