Matt V's '90 Miata

BTW, I think I've decided on the wheels I want.

4723001302_b700b12bf9_b.jpg

trm_c1m_b_ci3_l.jpg

TRMotorsport C1M. 15x7 +30mm, same weight as factory 5-spokes.

The only size I can find is the one I mentioned above, I'm thinking he might have spacers.

A local had the same rims with a more aggresive stance, I thought he told me 15x8 +20

Anyway, I'm eh on the specs but the rim itself is dope (2thumbs)

At least wait until the 949 XTRs are released... they should be pretty nice.

Oh and the agressive fittment for the tire racks is E30 I believe..

I received my MB Quart components today from SonicElectronix. For anyone who hasn't shopped with them, they provide awesome prices and are very quick with shipping. These are the speakers I ordered:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11648_MB+Quart+FSA+216.html

For the price of normal coaxial speakers, I thought it couldn't be beat.

Received the speakers from the UPS guy and promptly proceeded to open it.

1.jpg

Took off the door panel and used the circular piece from the factory speaker as a spacer. I also believed that since it was made of soft wood/MDF, it would also be a primitive vibration absorber, it worked surprisingly well.

2.jpg

Finally got the speaker put in and such. This was my first component install so I didn't know where to put the crossover. I decided to put it inside the door shell right underneath where the crease would be on the outside of the door. I believe that it's high enough from the bottom to where water/moisture won't be a big issue. I mounted it with double sided tape, hardcore 3M stuff from Home Depot. The foam backing on it helps absorb vibrations so it stays solid but also won't get hurt when I open/close the door.

3.jpg

Now I needed to decide where to put the tweeter. I wanted it in a factory looking location, and decided upon the top right of the panel right next to the A/C vent. I also decided to remove the factory speaker grille to give it an updated look. While it doesn't look factory, it doesn't look aftermarket, either.

4.jpg

Close up of the mounting location.

5.jpg

View from behind the door panel.

6.jpg

Installed the door panel and considered it done.

7.jpg

View from sitting inside the car.

8.jpg

With the door closed.

9.jpg

And finally, outside views with the top down.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I hope this gives some people inspiration to do the same. The setup sounds quite awesome paired with my Alpine CDA-105 headunit! Enjoy!

-Matt

Back