Matt V's '90 Miata

damn, really clean miata :)

1) Cruise won't activate. The light turns on when I push "on" on the switch but when I go to set coast nothing happens. Maybe I'm missing something?
I'm gonna guess that the vacuum tube going to the CC actuator's disconnected / broke.

2) Passenger window is stuck up. I can hear the motor moving the rail but the window won't go with it.
Snapped cable if the motor's moving

Update after today, it was a crazy day. I did an oil change, coolant flush, thermostat, transmission fluid, differential, AND brake fluid change today. Took a couple hours but it was fun getting to know my car. I gotta say that the coolant flush made a big difference, I used distilled water and red coolant along with Royal Purple radiator additive, the gauge now stays at below half all day even with the A/C running. Much better than my fluctuating gauge before. I also put Royal Purple 75W-90 in the tranny and diff. The only thing I need now is new spark plugs which I'm gonna pickup tomorrow. Any recommendations?

More pics to come tomorrow after I get off work and wash it.

EDIT: I also installed my Alpine headunit.

Last edited:
First car wash today. For some reason my lens was fogging up but these will do for now.

DSC_1374.jpg

DSC_1375.jpg

DSC_1381.jpg

DSC_1376.jpg

DSC_1377.jpg

DSC_1380.jpg

DSC_1382.jpg

Needs a few things, shift boot, clay bar, and passenger window fix but otherwise it's perfect. I installed NGK spark plugs today and it runs even better now.

wow great find. honestly, i know we push miatas on everyone, but they are amazing cars. you'll find yourself finding yourself in love with the car more every day. when it pins you to your seat in a turn that has your butt puckered because you don't think you can make it and it is just having a blast, you will get a grin so big your face hurts. every day is full of new experiences like that. enjoy it my friend

you should buy my
$1400 begi manifold, gt2560 turbo, dp, fm hiflow cat, enthuza 2.5" catback

just got back my MSPNP for 1.6-500
rx7 460cc injector pnp-80
4.10 torsen lsd diff-500+ stock open rear

Get the retrofits done matt? haha, I wanna see what you can do with the bug eyes!!!

you should buy my
$1400 begi manifold, gt2560 turbo, dp, fm hiflow cat, enthuza 2.5" catback

just got back my MSPNP for 1.6-500
rx7 460cc injector pnp-80
4.10 torsen lsd diff-500+ stock open rear

Don't clutter up other peoples' threads trying to hock your parts, make a for sale thread like everyone else.

Thanks Greg. The 97 turned out to be a disaster so I went with this car. It does have a few issues though, such as:

1) Cruise won't activate. The light turns on when I push "on" on the switch but when I go to set coast nothing happens. Maybe I'm missing something?

2) Passenger window is stuck up. I can hear the motor moving the rail but the window won't go with it.

I'll tinker with everything tomorrow, gotta change all the fluids anyway. I might take off the door panel and see what I can find. Also Dub, get on AIM if you can.

regulator, those suck to do but i could walk ya through it, i do glass

matt, you gonna get yourself a hitch and bike rack set up for yourself or going the trunk rack route?

I actually sold my bike, LOL. With nothing to carry it around there's really no point.

Looks great! I like the pearl white.

I can't help it, but every time I see a Miata, I think... whale shark

Back