Matt V's '90 Miata

Matt V

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey guys, I finally sold the Protege5 today and picked up this bad boy.

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

Specs: '90 Miata, 5 speed, 1.6L, pearl white paint exterior, black interior, 93k miles, one previous owner.

I really like the car so far, I got a hell of a deal on it. Car runs like a champ and pulls strong. Gonna change the fluids tomorrow and install my old Alpine headunit.

Plus the miata is a lot more reliable than a rotary lol.

REALLY clean, almost makes up for the short nose and the 1.6 XD

I suppose that 97 fell through? Either way, congrats and welcome to the roadster world! Sign up on miata.net and clubroadster.net if you haven't yet. What are your plans? I KNOW you're gonna retrofit, please do the flip ups so I can figure out if its possible or not haha.

Thanks Greg. The 97 turned out to be a disaster so I went with this car. It does have a few issues though, such as:

1) Cruise won't activate. The light turns on when I push "on" on the switch but when I go to set coast nothing happens. Maybe I'm missing something?

2) Passenger window is stuck up. I can hear the motor moving the rail but the window won't go with it.

I'll tinker with everything tomorrow, gotta change all the fluids anyway. I might take off the door panel and see what I can find. Also Dub, get on AIM if you can.

Last edited:
more then likely easier to find that's not riced out or beat up on. Also better gas mileage to boot would be my guess.

true, but i have seen alot of cleans one though

Plus the miata is a lot more reliable than a rotary lol.

REALLY clean, almost makes up for the short nose and the 1.6 XD

I suppose that 97 fell through? Either way, congrats and welcome to the roadster world! Sign up on miata.net and clubroadster.net if you haven't yet. What are your plans? I KNOW you're gonna retrofit, please do the flip ups so I can figure out if its possible or not haha.

i dunno about that, rotaries are not unreliable they just sometimes have stupid people driving them. They a take a lil more of maintenance but will last forever.

Congrats! Looks super clean. Can't wait to see pics of some retros for this bad bad :)

Rotaries are only as bad as their owners. Keep up with it, drive it as it was meant to be driven, and you have no problems.

Short nose isn't a problem... it's the person that replaces the timing belt that is.

Nice find!

Wow - extremely clean. (2thumbs)

I'm guessing it's been resprayed? Looks like some overspray got on the front tow hooks.

I had fun with my '94 while I had it.

Definitely a respray, that's not a mazda white...at least not from that year. I am digging the pearl though, and the car looks very clean. Some days I kind of wish I had grabbed a 1.6, maybe I will..

Definitely a respray, that's not a mazda white...at least not from that year. I am digging the pearl though, and the car looks very clean. Some days I kind of wish I had grabbed a 1.6, maybe I will..
Yea I really like the pearl too. And the early whites were the ones that tended to slough off the paint after a while so it makes sense it'd be resprayed.

Wow that thing is damn clean! Congrats! Now you need to bring that out to a Three Sisters Cruise.

Back