Alamo1's P5-T Build

Spent some time yesterday placing the filter end of my Oil relocate kit. It went relatively smoothly. I'm still not sure if I want the PRV from DocB mounted to the top of the IM or firewall. I have a feeling it will be firewall in the end but for now I will leave it on the intake. Found out that I should have gotten under the car and spent some serious thought before having my welder place the bungs for both turbo drain and PRV drain. The turbo drain isn't too bad but the PRV drain is right under the half shaft mount that attaches to the block. I think I will be able to make it work but it's gonna involve another 90 degree bend... I hate 90's but everything is too tight for anything else to work.

Did the clutch last weekend. What a damn nightmare that was... but its in. I spent a good fifteen minutes doing pushups with the tranny on my chest while laying under the car because we couldn't get the input shaft to line up with the disc while it was on the jack.

Old flywheel...

Fresh and new...

Last edited:
Also took all the timing covers off tonight and getting ready to replace my oil pump with the Doc B one.

So I get the DocB pump on a couple weeks ago and just finished the PRV and oil filter relocate. I think it looks pretty good. All the lines went in perfectly, though my hands are raw from installing all those AN fittings on the braided lines. All I have to do now is get my MBSP tapped properly for both PRV and turbo drains hook up the lines and oiling is complete, then just turbo coolant and turbo air intake an it's ready to fire up for the sumer. Yay!

I have that same relocation kit, be sure to tighten everything the best you can before final installation so it doesn't leak

Lookin' good!

Thanks, It's not as crisp as your setup but it's comin along. The best part is that I had my wife under the car this morning helping me to make sure I bought the correct angles of fittings. It's always nice to have two sets of eye for that kind of stuff.

Well first I had to buy a diff filter because the mazda one would leak, so im running a honda filter. Also my oil pressure sender is hooked up to one of the ports and I had to teflon it real good to not leak

Hopefully I don't have any issues. The K&N filter should have a good seal, and my pressure sender is 2-wayed at the stock location soon to have the turbo feed coming out of it too.

Installed my Flashed MSP ECU. The MP3 one will be going up for sale this weekend. Also put my axles back in. Drivetrain is complete.

Geez. It's been a while since I posted on here. Been (lurk)ing alot but only while eating my wheaties in the morning. It's gonna be running this weekend. only waiting for one more piece and morons at UPS didn't tell me I could pay duties via the phone and now I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up.

I'll get some pics up when she's all back together... I'm really not looking forward to grandma driving it while breaking in my new clutch but it will keep me from blowing anything else up for atleast 500kms. I did have one problem with my driver-side differential oil seal. That stupid retaining ring that goes onto the axle cut it up so I had to drain my new tranny fluid, pull the axle again, fix the retaining ring, replace the oil seal, then reinstall everything on the driver side. I hope I never have to smell tranny fluid again.... DISGUSTING!

It's ALIVE!

Barely.... I have questions!
First: Super crappy idle. Wants to stall but doesn't quite make it. Should I hear hissing above the IM?

Second: My oil feed is leaking right at the turbo. I used a banjo. Should I be using something else to alleviate the problem.

Third: The coolant lines from and to the turbo and the upper rad hose are crazy hot but there isn't any heat at the lower rad hose. Am I doing something wrong?
These are pics of where I hooked my water lines to;

So the little one right in the middle is the feed and it comes off a pipe that hooks directly to the thermostat housing.

This one is the return. It goes into the big water housing attached to the tranny side of the head.

Fourth: Which way should I be threading the DocB PRV to make it go less pressure.... Out of the housing?

Other than these small issues, The car is ready to rock.

I can only help you out with two questions:

First: The hissing might possibly be a leak or you may have forgot to plug in one of the vac lines, that's my guess. I don't hear any hissing by the IM on my engine.

Second: I believe I'm using this: http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FTG-029&Category_Code=GRT wrapped in teflon tape. NO LEAKS whatsoever, so you may want to consider switching to that.

Other than that, I can't wait to see more pictures!

Thanks for the suggestions. I already dealt with the feed fitting. It turns out the banjo setup I used was not good to start, since the threads are not what does the sealing but the inverted flare at the bottom of the feed hole. To make things more complicated, in tightening the banjo bolt I stripped two full threads out of the hole.... Luckily I got the new fitting to thread in. Hopefully no problems with that. I shoulda taken pics but was too frustrated last night.

Today it ran!

Figured out the idle problem! Didn't plug in the TPS Sensor at all.... DUH! No oil leaks. It's crazy fun to drive now.

Pics as promised...

My Ghetto Rigging.

Last edited:
Back