Alamo1's P5-T Build

lookin good, im hoping to go turbo in the next year.
the turbolife fmic removes the stock crashbar right? or am i thinking of some other one

Yeah, I held up the turbolife today to get an idea of where to cut. Lots of work ahead...

Got some more stuff done this weekend. Took out the axles, radiator and mocked up the turbo and the FMIC.

Got a couple of issues. First, the turbolife went on pretty well and the pipes route ok. The problem is that with the A/C lines bent for the cold pipe to pass by, the radiator won't fit now. Also, the GT28R from the SR20 that I have has the 3 bolt adapter and makes it a pig to try to get the coupler on the hot pipe. Hopefully I can get some pics up today so I can get some suggestions from the people that have done this before.

^^^^^ I already have one. That's the part that is causing the issue. It makes the compressor discharge about 2-2.5" higher than the stock turbo would be. The coupler wont sit on there nicely. I'm going to look on that "all silicone" site and see if the have a 45deg reducer bend.

So I got two things accomplished today.... Started the A/C delete, since the dryer was giving me problems with the cold pipe.

AND my new 24" breaker bar helped me with the rear motor mount.

Couldn't have done it without ya, big boy!

Pulled out all of my A/C lines and the pump and condenser. So much more room now. I love it.

Hey, I live in Edmonton aswell, also hoping to get a turbo project under way as well! just piecing it together slowly as funds are tight, but if you ever need a hand let me know!

Indeed, and as an ex tech from weber mazda I still have connections for parts etc as well as the knowledge base and tool box hahaha

I just shake my head every time I read about someone removing the front crash bar... but maybe that's just me.
Good luck with the build.

I just shake my head every time I read about someone removing the front crash bar... but maybe that's just me.
Good luck with the build.

Yeah I know it's not the greatest idea. I won't even try to justify it, just be as careful as I can. I've thought about modifying it and mounting the cooler to it but it would probably amount to the same... Less protection and not enough strength

Latest posts

Back