H&R or BC coilovers?

air it man ive never seen anyone bag a 3, i know 100 to 1 itd look sick cuz you can drop these cars all the way down and nothing will rub okay so the fenderliners might have to get taken out lol :) yeah h20 was awesome, 2 subi's were on the horse track drifting and there was cops chasin them like on foot then the state troopers showed up haha it was funny. sorry off topic, but the best part was the 454524579850725 volkwagens and audis. and alotta tex celebs

That depends on your idea of low. I was wincing and expecting to hit some roadkill on the way home from work today and I didn't even touch it. It actually made me a little sad inside that my car is not low enough. I think they go pretty low (2.5" front and 2" in the rear advertised but I think they'll go lower). I am more interested in a stanced/flush look than a slammed look. I am planning on getting some 18x8.5 +35 wheels next time around with smaller than stock sized tires for an extra half inch of lowness.

I scrape my mud flaps daily and my under tray has nice gouges in it from the abuse it gets. My car sits at 24" from the top of the fender well to the ground in the front and 25" in the rear. I am on stock sized tires right now too. The guys sitting lower then 24" on stock sized tires have all experienced tire shredding problems. There is a frame rail in the front that is sharp from the factory that will shred your tires if you go lower than 2.5" from stock height. If you hammered it out of the way you should be able to get very low though. I think you have a clear shot in the rear though. I didn't see anything to get in the way back there.

I thought about changing out for a bag setup but I think I like "static" drops better. Aired out cars look okay but the 3 doesn't need to look like a vdub in my opinion.

air is for mark5s and audis :)
and doesnt the front sway bar endlink have to get taken out, i noticed mine barely fits

So know one has even air'd one out yet? I don't know why lol. It's super simple on these cars. Areosport fronts, RE6 back....After years of driving static(which I love) the ability to drive low daily and still able to get into places or feel comfortable enough to drive cross country without worrying about roadkill or whatever. Air is good for the reasons why I had it. I had air for my A8, however I went back to static with that car. I could still look low yet drive everywhere with plenty of clearance. Besides there are more Lexus' air'd out then Audi's haha. Audi's are just finally catching up with the times and realize how useful air is haha. I guess in the end, you need to be open minded. Air is awesome if you have a use for it. It's not about being hardcore. It's about saying, haha, look where I can go and still have your drop and then some. It's silly to hate on that hahaha.

Here's 2 of my really good friends though lol. Just to fill the stereotype :p
4529270409_3817e7752b_z.jpg

4719579344_f02306700d_z.jpg

There have been a few airbagged 3's but I don't have any info on them. Coilovers are more popular though.

I could have lived my whole life without ever seeing that hideous body kit again. Thanks for ruining it.

:p

I am actually considering either buying a BC extreme rear spring/perch setup or cutting a rear coil in the spring. I am tired of the raked stance and I want more low.

shaved euro trunk, bet that costs a pretty penny

Naw, not that bad. I had one on my B5 too...

3988959948_c346199ea9_z.jpg

As for that air'd 3 above.....I bet it could have gone much lower without those mega jay leno chin sized skirts. As for cutting the rear springs, I actually had to do the same for my A8(H&R's) as well. It sits in there good still, no issues. I mean if you think about it you could do it, if it doesn't work, plan B and get the BC's.

eww body kit

my friend just got an 07 2.0t jetta with a rabbit front end and the euro trunk was 650, it came on the car thats just what the previous owner said he paid for all the stuff to it

I think I may end up cutting the rear springs for next season. I have no idea how much to remove though. I will have to research a bit. How does it affect things if you cut a progressive rate spring? I would assume it will be stiffer.

I used to knock cutting springs like a lot of people but my brother has been modding an s-10 for a while now so I am not so scared about it anymore. We'll end up cutting his springs eventually when he gets a car to drive in winter.

It's hard to say, I think it depends on the car really. On mine, it's sooo big I think I could have 1 coil and it would still ride good haha. The progressive part is mainly a comfort coil like you basically said. In theory it shouldn't get stiffer, it should just be more distinguished. I only cut a half coil off of my rear, so I still have most of my progressions. I just think some people go crazy and cut the hell out of stock springs that gives it such a bad rep. This obviously isn't track prepped stuff either, purpose is to go low, it works and on my current car I have yet to have any problems. Just don't go chopping full coils off at a time. You can't reattach material if you take to much off :p

I emailed BC about buying just the rear setup from their extreme drop package. If that ends up being expensive I'll probably think about cutting half a coil off the rear springs.

Back