My daughter cant find her jack!

She has a 2002 Protege 5, and says the jack is not in the car. Could someone please post a picture of where the doggone thing is located so I can send it to her?

She is not sitting on the road with a flat...just complaining that it is not in the car.
(and no I live too far away to drive over and look myself)
Thanks.

open the hatch. On the right side there is a plastic panel you can take off and it's in there. Right behind the passenger side rear wheel well.

It's in the trunk if it hasn't been removed. There Is a panel on the right side of trunk. Remove panel find jack.

Does she have her owners manual in the car. Can also check there in the glove box for it and will show pictures where it is at. It helps a lot to have one.

Last edited:
yeah the jacks for most or all Mazdas (and maybe others) are about the same. My 2000 Protege was indeed missing the jack. Picked it and the handle and the little handscrew to secure the jack up at a junkyard for 5 bucks or so. Then had to go back and get the lug wrench which I forgot. It was off a Nissan but the proper lug size. Inspect the spare for excessive wear too.

Back