Official ATX to MTX swap parts list with how-to

All right you guys I just finished up my swap today everything went smooth, it's basically a plug and play swap. Now the best part is I figured out how to bypass the clutch switches without swapping the dash harness. (Automatic vehicles DO NOT have the connectors needed for the clutch interlock system) While hooking up my 5-speed ECU I noticed that the connector which ties the dash harness to the engine harness have one main difference, the starter wire from the ignition doesn't line up with the starter wire for the engine in the connector. I simply removed the large black/yellow wire (to starter) and put it in the appropriate slot on the connector so it lines up with the large black/blue wire (from ignition). Only problem is I no longer have a neutral safety switch so it can be started in gear. I can live with it but could be dangerous for my gf. If you have any questions about fixing the wires let me know. I forgot how much I loved driving the slotege!!!!

Anybody know where i can find a diagram for our ECU i need to figure out which pins are for the clutch switch so i can wire up the neutral safety switch. My CEL keeps turning on due to not having the switch plugged in.

Ok so I figured out how to properly hook up both Clutch switches without changing dash harnesses. The Neutral safety switch was actually bypassed and very straight forward. The Second switch which is the Clutch Pedal Position Switch had to be spliced in to the ECU harness but was fairly easy also. Heres how I did it.

The neutral safety switch is only there to prevent staring the vehicle when the clutch pedal is not depressed. I did not need this feature so I bypassed the switch. On automatic vehicles, power is sent straight from the ignition switch to the starter. Coming from the ignition is a blue and black power wire which goes to a connector near the ECU and then to the black and yellow wire for the Starter. If you look closely at the dash harness connector you will see that the starter wire location is different between automatics and manuals. All I did was relocate the starter wire Black/Yellow so it lined up with the ignition wire Black/Blue in the connector. This will complete the staring circuit and you can now start and drive your car.

The second switch is the Clutch Pedal Position Switch. Its job is to tell the ECU when the clutch is being pressed so it can adjust idle accordingly. It is also used to cancel cruise control when you press the clutch pedal. This switch is located behind the clutch pedal towards the top and has two wires, a white with green stripe and a black wire. The white with green will be spliced into the ECU(passenger foot well) pin #6 (white w/green stripe) and the black wire will be grounded. I used a common ground right near the interior fuse box. Problem Solved!!! no check engine light and no more high idle.

I have my car running good, now i have to figure out a way to make the instrument cluster work, i have tried both auto and manual clusters....help me figure it out...lol

Back