Car stumbles / bucks @ 3000 rpm

OrangeAppeal

:
'03 MSP - #729 - '90 CRX Si
03 MSP - no mods - only a boost gage

Car idles fine, but as I accellerate, it cuts out between 2850 and 3000 rpm continuously, but clears up between 3100 and 3200. It will continue to accelerate to 5000-6000, but sluggishly.

Happens in all gears.

I recently rebuilt my engine. Plugs and wires are new.
***EDIT***new O2 sensor. ECU had the reflash back in 03/04.***EDIT***
***EDIT2***2 new coils. Cleaned MAF with MAF cleaner***EDIT2***

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Car idles fine, but as I accellerate, it cuts out between 2850 and 3000 rpm continuously, but clears up between 3100 and 3200. It will continue to accelerate to 5000-6000, but sluggishly.

Happens in all gears.

Any suggestions?

Blow into the vacuum hose that goes to the wastegate actuator. if you can blow continuously, it's busted. If you cannot, it's fine. My car used to buck around 3krpm as well because the actuator was leaking, which caused me to overboost, which caused fuel cut. Hope that helps.

Blow into the vacuum hose that goes to the wastegate actuator. if you can blow continuously, it's busted. If you cannot, it's fine. My car used to buck around 3krpm as well because the actuator was leaking, which caused me to overboost, which caused fuel cut. Hope that helps.

Start with that. Also, have you got the ECU reflash? I know there was an issue with that on my car i had to go to the dealership and get the flash.

Just throwing out ideas.

No issue here...i cannot blow into that hose.

Each day I drove/drive it conditions deteriorated.

Started getting stumbling/bucking around 2500 rpm as well as 3000 rpm...sometimes they blend into eachother.

Late last week, car started missing at low rpms (could hear it missing) and would accellerate worth crap.

Then I therw the following codes:
P0340 - Camshaft position sensor
P0301 - Cylinder 1 misfire
P2006 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed

Cleared out the codes after replacing the coils and cleaning the MAF
Codes have not yet returned (very limited driving).
Not experiencing the low rpm missing, but still experiencing the stumbling/bucking anywhere from 2500 - 3100 rpm consistently.

Any more ideas/suggestions?

if your getting a constant misfire in one specified id change plugs and wires if you havent already

have you done the egr? yu might also want to check the vics that would be my guess with the one saying your runners closed see if you can flap them open and close by hand check for cracks on thoughs vaccum lines.

My car is doing a similar thing (stumbles/bucks). I blew into the hose for the wastegate and I can force air through but I have to blow really hard and only a small steady amount of air is able to pass through. Does this mean the wastegate is broken?

I had a similar post on this, my car is real sluggish @ 3000 and will stumble like yours, but not always. Ive been messing with if for awhile, but so far have not been able to find a fix. Have not tried blowing into the wastegate, so may give that a try after work.

I did clean the EGR, but it did not do much good in my case.

mine is like this @ about 2800 or their abouts it cuts out. I can here bov working. Its all stock, new turbo new lines and so on . No mods. Steed manifold. then It took off worked thur all the gears, and now Iam back too light rough idle, no mil light and a drop of power. could it be a temp sensor. maf or vics not opening??

Help would be great, sounds like we have same prblem.????:(:((p5blue)

Attachments

• turbo P5 019.JPG
    turbo P5 019.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 267
Hey again,

It runs perfect till it gets hot. then it runs o/k but little missfire at idle. then at 2600 rpms it will only work thur with little boost.??????:(

Hey Again,

I got good news, I fixed my ride. Sombody put the rong plugs in this motor. (NGK LFR6A 11). What are these for a mini van??? Mazda speed plugs are for that car and only that. I think the number starts like ZRF???? It says in the manual got some on the way. ouch on the price 16ea and higher at the dealer 21ea$. good thing I only need 4. Soooo I am runnig pro5 plugs from another engine I have. They are wrong too but when i installed them and did a road test at operating temp the car took off, thur that low range, pulled till 6000 Wow i'am impressed this car almost felt as good as my old RX7 Turbo 11 car. Any how can't wait for new plugs.

(drive2)(rei)(p5blue)(p5blue)

Sooo O/K try new plugs, the right ones. Not the ones someone said they would work.

Hey Again,

I got good news, I fixed my ride. Sombody put the rong plugs in this motor. (NGK LFR6A 11). What are these for a mini van??? Mazda speed plugs are for that car and only that. I think the number starts like ZRF???? It says in the manual got some on the way. ouch on the price 16ea and higher at the dealer 21ea$. good thing I only need 4. Soooo I am runnig pro5 plugs from another engine I have. They are wrong too but when i installed them and did a road test at operating temp the car took off, thur that low range, pulled till 6000 Wow i'am impressed this car almost felt as good as my old RX7 Turbo 11 car. Any how can't wait for new plugs.

(drive2)(rei)(p5blue)(p5blue)

Sooo O/K try new plugs, the right ones. Not the ones someone said they would work.

If you get the chance, will you post the full part number for those plugs? Dont think this is the same issue i am having, but would like to check.

O/K here some more to look at

ECU Re Flash;

Hesitation and or Itermittent Stumble Under Acceleration.

TSB 01-022/03
01-005/05
the fix? MPS 0-18-881
Not sure about the fix but to some this could be a problem, It may have to go to Mazda???

(p5blue)O/k again..

Just done coils and wires. I am getting more and more power. Does anybody know about the wide band o2 senser. For stock MPS car???

Problem Solved?

I realize that this is an older post, but my 2008 Mazda 3 does the same exact thing, so I am curious if you ever pinpointed the problem?

BK

Happens in all gears.

***EDIT***new O2 sensor. ECU had the reflash back in 03/04.***EDIT***
***EDIT2***2 new coils. Cleaned MAF with MAF cleaner***EDIT2***

Any suggestions?

Back