Paint over repaired sections

patsissons

:
2003 P5
I am finally going to get on fixing the rust bubbling on my mp5 (never buying an eastern car again!).

The repair job should be pretty easy, just sand it down past the rust, then bondo anything that needs filler, then paint over the bondo. While repairing and bondo is not a problem, i have no idea how to paint a car, or if it's even worth while trying to do myself. Is it best to just do the repair job then take it to a paint shop? If not, where does one get mazda paint from in units larger than the touch-up bottles? Does anyone know any good places in Edmonton to have this kind of work done? any answers, input, suggestions appreciated.

I gru up in st albert, Grandin.(rlaugh) by the out door pool. Iam doing mica black over the weekend. Its a time thing. It takes time to do a nice job. I use a spray gun for the color and for the clear. For the bondo you need to let dry in the sun if you can before you prime. It might be easier to get it done. I treat the metal with acid to stop the rust (dupoint product). it aides in rust protection. Are you still intrested???(2thumbs)

yea interested, can i pick up any of these things locally? i mean, i can get bondo from ctire, but what about the paint, acid? also i am in st. albert this weekend too, i grew up here for a number of years.

(attn)(attn)Hey see pics for hard work(boom08)(attn)(attn)(attn)

Attachments

• party mazda 055.JPG
    party mazda 055.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 99
  • party mazda 053.JPG
    party mazda 053.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 103
Back