Flav's Mazda Protege5

Another new picture. Thanks to a close friend that work's at Kal-Tire I managed to get 4 new tires, rim's and black tuner nuts for a ridiculously cheap price.

Here's that car now with those rim's and minus the CF hood.

Personally I think the car look's much much better.

7uZX2.jpg

Thanks! I think so too.
I really need to get to work on the body now, you can't see it in the picture above.. but the rust is really starting to show more then just small bubbles now.
And I really need that damn lip painted!

In the above picture you can see the passenger side front bumper around the light/where the hood meets it looks caved in, I never noticed that until I took this picture, I need to look into that as well.

Yeah, I haven't really updated it much.
I've always thought this wasn't much of a "build" thread :p
Thanks though!

It looked good before but I like it better with those wheels on now as well. Changed the look if it. Just removing the chrome lip from the equation made a big difference.

(band2)

pretty sure any year the wagon was made will do. 04 and up

Thanks! Hopefully Monday ill go to the wreckers, if i don't get any luck there ill probably just go to the stealership then. The stock wiper on the P5 looks like something off a car made in the 80's

I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.
But I finally decided to tackle the M6 Wagon mod for my P5.

Surprisingly not as easy as it seems. Only reason being is that my wiper was seized on..so after a trip to the junk yard I was finally able to put it all together!

Here are the part numbers for anyone who wants to do this in the near future.

Blade- G21B67330
Arm- GM9E67421
Cover- GM9E67395

And here's the pictures!

http://imgur.com/a/tspaP

Update:

I went down to Importfest this past weekend in Toronto and while I was there I was able to meet with a guy from that area who was selling a roof rack at a price I could not refuse...so! Picked that up along side with some stickers (oh no.. not stickers) So in order to make room for the new one's I had to finally remove my old "DC" decal </3

Then today I went out and bent over while I paid $100 for a roof fairing :\
...looks sweet though.. :)

Pictures!

http://imgur.com/a/QtSmQ

Last edited:
Update:

Installed my bike rack last weekend :)
Yet to use it yet though -_-

Also got my TWM Short shifter in the mail yesterday to my surprise!
I had to install it that night, so I spent a little time doing so, had a lot of trouble with that damn retaining clip though..
Other then that, installation was pretty straight forward EXCEPT.. I hope someone has an answer for me on this, but when I ordered the short shifter, I also ordered the poly urethane bushings with it..
When I installed the shifter last night.. I could not figure out where the hell they go.. I couldn't fit them anywhere that would have made sense.
So I never installed them..So now I have 2 $30 bushings sitting on my counter.. -_-

And to anyone who does not have a short shifter but are thinking of getting one. I HIGHLY recommend it. Shifting just feels so much better now, very stiff and very short shifts. Makes my driving experience that much more enjoyable now :)

Lastly, if anyone here has a weighted shift knob, which knob did you get, and how much of a difference does it really make? I want to pick one up..however I find that TWM has very expensive knobs (80+) So if there's any knobs somewhere out there that are a better price and not bad fake carbon fibre ones, let me know please :)

I'll add some pictures of the short shifter, bushings and bike rack later when I have a chance :)

Update:

Installed my bike rack last weekend :)
Yet to use it yet though -_-

Also got my TWM Short shifter in the mail yesterday to my surprise!
I had to install it that night, so I spent a little time doing so, had a lot of trouble with that damn retaining clip though..
Other then that, installation was pretty straight forward EXCEPT.. I hope someone has an answer for me on this, but when I ordered the short shifter, I also ordered the poly urethane bushings with it..
When I installed the shifter last night.. I could not figure out where the hell they go.. I couldn't fit them anywhere that would have made sense.
So I never installed them..So now I have 2 $30 bushings sitting on my counter.. -_-

And to anyone who does not have a short shifter but are thinking of getting one. I HIGHLY recommend it. Shifting just feels so much better now, very stiff and very short shifts. Makes my driving experience that much more enjoyable now :)

Lastly, if anyone here has a weighted shift knob, which knob did you get, and how much of a difference does it really make? I want to pick one up..however I find that TWM has very expensive knobs (80+) So if there's any knobs somewhere out there that are a better price and not bad fake carbon fibre ones, let me know please :)

I'll add some pictures of the short shifter, bushings and bike rack later when I have a chance :)

That bushing replaces #16 on this diagram (which interestingly cannot be purchased from Mazda):
MPCYR.png

You'll see it right away when you get under the car, it's bolted to the right side of the transmission.

I love the design of that shifter, bearings instead of bushings is a great idea. I hate how my shifter will get harder to move after everything gets good and hot in the exhaust tunnel. I've always been tempted to get one, but they're so pricey :p

That bushing replaces #16 on this diagram (which interestingly cannot be purchased from Mazda):
MPCYR.png

You'll see it right away when you get under the car, it's bolted to the right side of the transmission.

I love the design of that shifter, bearings instead of bushings is a great idea. I hate how my shifter will get harder to move after everything gets good and hot in the exhaust tunnel. I've always been tempted to get one, but they're so pricey :p

2 years later, still coming to my rescue. Thanks Cheese. Truth be told, I knew it went there.. but I was so focused on getting this done and eating dinner that I just left it.
Hopefully early next week I can free up some time and get that piece in there.

You're right, the design of these shifter's with bearings rather then bushings is fantastic. I hated having to muscle my way through gears as I drove the car longer, or if the day was blistering hot.

As far as the always being tempted of buying one Cheese, I was once blind but now see the light! aha
Get it! you won't be disappointed!

As far as the always being tempted of buying one Cheese, I was once blind but now see the light! aha
Get it! you won't be disappointed!

I'll add it to my list of s*** to get, maybe I'll get lucky and find one in the FS section.

Oh and I forgot to mention, you'll probably have to destroy that bushing to remove it. So don't waste too much time trying to pry it out. Also, I'd recommend using a little blue loctite on that nut and the stud, mine has come loose twice even though I torqued it to Mazda's specification.

I'll add it to my list of s*** to get, maybe I'll get lucky and find one in the FS section.

Oh and I forgot to mention, you'll probably have to destroy that bushing to remove it. So don't waste too much time trying to pry it out. Also, I'd recommend using a little blue loctite on that nut and the stud, mine has come loose twice even though I torqued it to Mazda's specification.

good luck finding one! I've been waiting for one in the FS forever, so I just decided to fork over my money at TWM.

Are you speaking about the bolt where I will be putting the new poly urethane bushings?

good choice on the TWM, I've had mine for 2 years and wouldn't trade it for anything. Removing the old bushing was actually really easy, I did it with my bare hands in a couple minutes.

Back