Pics of Aftermarket Stereo in MS3?

I was just curious if anybody had any pics of their aftermarket install of a head unit in a MS3. I've looked through the threads on this site and googled "aftermarket head unit pics Mazda Speed3" and havn't been able to find any.

From other threads I've found that I should still be able to have my A/C display on the factrory screen and I read about a good trick for getting the clock set correctly (unplugging the hot wire on the battery resets the clock and defaults to a certain time).

I just got a 08 Black Speed3 Sport. Im really happy it did not have the freaking bose stereo just for the fact that bose has given me trouble in the past when installing aftermarket head units and speakers.

Just ordered a Sony XAV-60 double din DVD head unit. It doens't have bluetooth or nav but I got it new for $299 online and I really was just looking for a double din to replace the factory unit that had a decent sized LCD screen. I'm replacing the factory speakers with Infinity Infinity Kappa 680.9CS 6"X8" components for up front and Infinity 682.9CF 6"X8" for the rear.

I also made sure to get a Axxess ASWC so I would not lose the steering wheel controls. I ordered a sub box off ebay that is fitted for the Speed3. For some reason Ebay was the only place I could find a custom box for the Speed3 online. I went to a local stereo shop (Sound Factory, great place) and he told me for the money and quality I should get the box off Ebay.

I already have two MA audio subs powered by a Diamond D9 800.2 and am going to use my Rockford Punch 501x to power the highs. Im going to post pics of the gear I already have, and will post pics of the before and after of my MS3 once the installation is complete. I ordered everything offline to save money but unfortunately now I have to play the waiting game for it all to arrive.

P.S. if I over looked a thread that already showed pics of an aftermarket head unit in a MS3 I apolagize in advance.

Attachments

• 100_0868.JPG
    100_0868.JPG
    890.6 KB · Views: 689
  • 100_0870.JPG
    100_0870.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 568
  • 100_0876.JPG
    100_0876.JPG
    929.2 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
Er...if I remember this thread in a few days when I get my car back I'll post up some pics. I got a 4-channel amp under my passenger seat, 2-channel amp under driver's seat, Rockford Fosgate Power series component speakers in the front and rear doors (custom mounted tweeters for the rear doors), 2 12" Rockford Fosgate power-series woofers in the trunk in a vented box, and a 2-din GPS/radio/mp3 unit up front (forget which brand).

Back