2010 Mazda 3 Horn won't sound after locking the doors

oledoux

:
Mazda 3
I recently had to remove the drivers door panel to replace the crap factory speakers. After putting everything back together I noticed that the horn doesn't sound after pushing the lock button twice with the keyless remote anymore???? Any help I don't really want to have to go to the dealership for something I might be able to do myself. Thanks

Last edited:
Make sure all your doors are closed. It won't honk if there's a door that's even only slightly still open . . . and by open I mean not fully closed.

Solved! Horn doesnt work when locking car after replacing speakers

I recently had to remove the drivers door panel to replace the crap factory speakers. After putting everything back together I noticed that the horn doesn't sound after pushing the lock button twice with the keyless remote anymore???? Any help I don't really want to have to go to the dealership for something I might be able to do myself. Thanks

I know this is an old post, but someone might find this useful...

I too had the same problem of the horn not sounding when locking, after I replaced the factory front speakers on my 2010 Mazda3 GS 4dr sedan,. This was driving me nuts, because although it locked, it doesnt arm the alarm (or immobilizer??). The issue was the cable that goes to the lock switch right next to the door open lever. It wasnt seated in the clip on the back, that stops it from moving back and forth, and had obviously come out when taking the interior door panel off. Hope this helps someone.

See attached photos.

Attachments

• 78E2DEF4-F88A-44E5-B914-4C4F3C6D85F7.jpeg
    78E2DEF4-F88A-44E5-B914-4C4F3C6D85F7.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 296
  • AFBB7987-5D46-4F55-96AB-2545F86ED705.jpeg
    AFBB7987-5D46-4F55-96AB-2545F86ED705.jpeg
    385.8 KB · Views: 285

Latest posts

Back