First maintenance service

:
09 CWP MS3
Sorry if this has been repeated..I have my first service coming up and all I have installed is a short ram, but should I be putting back the stock intake or do they usually not care?

(rlaugh)

Hey great ? guy!

(pow)

you know you're askin for it!!

(flame2)

you should ask the dealer how they feel about mods before you take it in. No one other than the ppl who have been to that specific dealer will know if they are cool with mods or not. Either way though, its not like your scheduled service is contingent upon a warranty or anything. You still have to pay for that out of pocket

But really (google) s*** first

then you'll be (cool)

Last edited:
no, doesnt matter. If they get pissed, tell them to **** themselves. I have a CAI, CBE, TP, and many other mods, and my dealer doesnt give a crap

They don't give a crap until you blow your engine and a regional Mazda rep takes a visit to the dealer to inspect your car or makes the dealer report of any mods done to the car before they'll honor a warranty repair. Most of the time the dealer doesn't care because they need the money and the parts & service departments make dealerships ALOT of money. It's actually where the majority of their profits come from, so why would they turn you away? It's Mazda HQ that doesn't want to pay for the warranty repairs.

I would say you're OK if you're just going in for service, but if you ever have an issue where you think you're going to need warranty work, taking mods off will work in your favor.

Mods

Screw the dealership, that mod is not a big deal, tell them to go hug a root.

I would change it back just to be safe. Some dealers might not care (rare ones), but others will void your warranty right away. They do have to prove that the SRI is the cause of whatever problems you may run into; but that's not hard to do.....especially for the powertrain portion.

well..i dont have any problems, just regular maintenance service at 20k. im sure if i went in with a problem i would easily get screwed over.

well..i dont have any problems, just regular maintenance service at 20k. im sure if i went in with a problem i would easily get screwed over.

You might not have any problems yet; but lets say you leave it on and get the service done. Unless your dealership is cool, they will take note (and probably pictures) of the SRI installed. Then if something happens (blown engine, engine knocking, whatever) they can come back and say you had a SRI installed which voided your warranty; and then your screwed. I'm just playing devils advocate here; not trying to be a jerk. Why even bother risking it anyway? It's just a SRI.....should only take 10 min to switch it back to the stock intake.

Back