First time drag racing, dont laugh =D

XoX1de

:
2000 Mazda 626 LX
Well today is my first time on the drag strip, pull a 14.5s @ 101.4mph, was running 10psi of boost. I guess the problem here is the launch... 2.522sec 60 feet. Which sux... The car weight bout 3000lb, its a 626.

That car isn't 3000 lbs. My V6 weighed in at 2690 lbs, but on the same token, it was gutted. That's a pretty nice trap speed for 10 lbs. How much air was in your tires? BTW, your 60ft sucked.

2.5 60' is pretty terrible. in a FWD car you should be able to get it down to at least a 2.2 may take some practice, you can try lowering the air pressure in the front tires to like 20-22psi. Typically every .1 you take off your 60' takes .2 off your E.T.

You could of been at 13.9 with a 2.2 60' launch. 3000lbs sounds accurate to me. my car weighed 3580 with me (200lbs) in it and i had removed floormats, spare tire, etc

for your first time at the drag, a 2.5ish 60foot isnt bad at all. took me a long long time to get mine down to averaging 2.1. quickest being 1.9:D. one of the best ways to practice launching for free (aka not going to the drag strip) is at a stop light. sit there prepped for launch and wait for the green, then go like hell to the speed limit. i used to do that all of the time trying to get my R/T and 60' down. oh and what was your R/T? i think the best i ever got was a .160. i'll have to find my old slips if i didnt chuck them when i moved

for your first time at the drag, a 2.5ish 60foot isnt bad at all. took me a long long time to get mine down to averaging 2.1. quickest being 1.9:D. one of the best ways to practice launching for free (aka not going to the drag strip) is at a stop light. sit there prepped for launch and wait for the green, then go like hell to the speed limit. i used to do that all of the time trying to get my R/T and 60' down. oh and what was your R/T? i think the best i ever got was a .160. i'll have to find my old slips if i didnt chuck them when i moved

still have to be careful the cops will get you on laying drag

at 101mph trap speed the car should be much quicker it sounds like it suffering for traction big time but its alot of weight to pull off the line.

Back