Turbo question

so if i got a turbo off an "ebay" seller, why is it so bad

eBay turbos are not designed to last very long. Also the piping and everything is "universal" and requires a fair amount of modification to even make it fit in your engine bay, assuming you do get it to fit at all. And look at the fine print on those cheap eBay kits, they usually don't come with engine management or a downpipe, often not even with a manifold... and those are the most expensive parts of a proper kit other than the turbo itself. So all you're basically getting is an even cheaper version of the cheapest parts of a good kit, without any of the important parts.

are there any other companies that make turbo kits for the 3 that youve heard of. ps saw your video on youtube on the track. nice drivin man

Reactive Racing and F2 both do as well. And thanks! That was just on street tires since it was raining off and on... hopefully I can borrow a camera for another event on my actual track wheels in the next couple months.

Reactive Racing and F2 both do as well. And thanks! That was just on street tires since it was raining off and on... hopefully I can borrow a camera for another event on my actual track wheels in the next couple months.

yeah just send me the link on youtube if you do, i dont remember asking this but are you running forged block and internals?

Nope, engine is completely stock other than the Tripoint turbo kit and a Cosworth oil cooler. Never been opened up for anything.

yea don't go with those ebay kits...i have a friend with a 05 WRX and he bought a FMIC kit off ebay and he cut up his CF hood like crazy to get the piping to fit and now the piping is rubbing up against his hood and leavin marks on the piping....he got a new CF hood for his car and can't use it, cuz of the bad piping lol...if ur gonna do it, do it right.

what happens if i find the piping for my engine bay and go with a little bit bigger turbo? and how much does a stand alone ecu cost?

Back