clear coat rims?

solez

:
Mazda3 5dr Grand Touring hatchback
Hey guys and gals i was wonder if i need to get a clear coat on my 2010 MS3 rims if i am going to get them powder coated? The guy at the shop said he has to clear coat them. I'm not sure if he is just trying to get more money off of me. It will cost me $300 to get the wheels powder coated and it will cost an extra $300 for the clear coat. Any words of wisdom will help or if anyone in the socal are can recommend a place that does good powder coat work for a good price? Thanks.......:cool:

When i asked about getting mine powder-coated, they told me that in the powedercoat there are bits if glass that are in the paint so no clear coat is needed. Hope this helped!

Hey guys and gals i was wonder if i need to get a clear coat on my 2010 MS3 rims if i am going to get them powder coated? The guy at the shop said he has to clear coat them. I'm not sure if he is just trying to get more money off of me. It will cost me $300 to get the wheels powder coated and it will cost an extra $300 for the clear coat. Any words of wisdom will help or if anyone in the socal are can recommend a place that does good powder coat work for a good price? Thanks.......:cool:

Clear coat is not needed, but will for sure add durability

depending on where you are, turnaround time, who mounts the tires, etc
expect to pay 200~400 for the set

Back