GI: MSP Brake Duct Kit

MSPM1cheLe

DRVRMOD
:
2010 BMW 135i
Hello all,

I am working with Kaminari to produce a Brake Duct Ventilation kit for the MSP.

If you are unaware of the products of Kaminari you can visit their site at: www.kaminari.com

Here is a pic of the setups made for the STi by Kaminari:

KAM_KC8100C.jpg

Brake_Duct_Small.jpg

friends STi with the kaminari kit:
24694_1158835350818_1825812169_318825_2029121_n.jpg

I am in contact with Kaminari now and they have asked me to see how many people would be interested in this product in order to see if its worth the materials, time, and cost to produce.

Please post to add yourself to the list. Pricing and more information will be posted as soon as it is readily available.

I am working with Kaminari now for fitment and mounting.

Those interested in more info:

1. MSPM1chele (MSP)
2. low_psi (MSP)
3. HKPro5 (P5)
4. ScratchnSniff (MSP)
5. bigLou (P5)
6. twistiert (P5)
7. mspeedP5 (P5)
8. haze (MSP)
9. silver5 (PR5)
10. MSPSILVER24 (MSP)
11. sm76 (MSP)
12. DarkAngel (MSP)
13. BlackMSP003 (MSP)

Last edited:
im assuming this would only fit the MSP front lip then?

most likely. I am not sure if the mounting points are the same for the fog deletes on the regular protege's/protege5's.

If they are, then it will be fuctional for all: MSP, MP3, P5, and proteges.

I will try to look into this as well.

please do!

when i meet with you we should compare our fog light deletes and see. I also know a buddy with a mp3 and a regular protege. that should cover our grounds :D

time to get my hands on a pair set of deletes.... if any one has extras please contact me ASAP

Interested but here's an issue I see. There is sheet metal behind the foglight area so installation would require taking at least a 3" holesaw to the radiator support/front end. I'm not sure how much metal is around that area or how many panels intersect.

Interested but here's an issue I see. There is sheet metal behind the foglight area so installation would require taking at least a 3" holesaw to the radiator support/front end. I'm not sure how much metal is around that area or how many panels intersect.

I'll look into this.

-Also I will expand the list when I find out about the universal fitting. For now I will only add those with a MSP

I actually removed a section of metal behind the fogs on each side, just in case I came up with an idea to do something behind there. Didnt take much to grind off a piece of the sheet metal.....couple minutes each side.

Fender%20Cut%202.jpg

Last edited:
Michi - beside auto-x'ing and long drive , would this technically be worth it for DD usage?

I'll need it for rear calipers bc they are going out first if so lol

You could put me on the list. I just bumped up to SM so I need everything I can get...lol

I actually removed a section of metal behind the fogs on each side, just in case I came up with an idea to do something behind there. Didnt take much to grind off a piece of the sheet metal.....couple minutes each side.

Fender%20Cut%202.jpg

thanks for the pic. doesnt look like too much of an issue. I'd be willing to cut it, but i wonder if others would... :/

PS- nice intercooler :D

Michi - beside auto-x'ing and long drive , would this technically be worth it for DD usage?

I'll need it for rear calipers bc they are going out first if so lol
Not really worth it for function. :/ Also, these ducts will only go to the front calipers. If an MSP needed rear caliper ducts I'd really like to go to for a ride it in! hahah :)

You could put me on the list. I just bumped up to SM so I need everything I can get...lol

welcome to the club! Check to see if your region has SMF. It is a new class that was added this year for SM-Fwd cars due to the dominance of the AWD cars in SM.

Michi - will take some time but I'll let you know when its ready for passengers :)

BTW - I'm thinking to use those fog spaces to put engine and tranny oil cooler's down the road :)

you can easily remove this metal without much cutting at all and its not really a vital area for support either
edit: oh, didnt see the post with the pic lol i guess you figured that out already

I am very interested for the P5. It's something that has been on my mind for some time now!

Michi - will take some time but I'll let you know when its ready for passengers :)

BTW - I'm thinking to use those fog spaces to put engine and tranny oil cooler's down the road :)
I've seen that done on an STi... good stuff for sure :)

Interested...
gotcha :]

I am very interested for the P5. It's something that has been on my mind for some time now!
kk :D

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate everyone's comments and support! I need to get my hands on some fog deletes, or even foglights to analyze the mounting spots that are used.

welcome to the club! Check to see if your region has SMF. It is a new class that was added this year for SM-Fwd cars due to the dominance of the AWD cars in SM.

Turns out we dont have that class...lol I have to battle it out with M3s and STIs haha.

Could you put my down for a P5 set....sadly I dont have a MSP. lol

Back