New project: Plasti-dip on interior pieces

Matt V

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So, I decided that I was tired of my gloss black interior pieces. They were hard to keep clean and always smudged up. After doing some research and talking to local car guys, I decided to go with Plasti-dip this time around.

What's Plasti-dip?

2348707795_d47c163a1b.jpg

Plasti-dip is a spray paint that turns to rubber as it dries. It isn't like any other rubber coating spray paint though, it dries up flat and looks like spray paint. It can also be applied on nearly anything without any prep, and comes out even regardless of any difference in thickness over the piece you're painting. This stuff is very durable and is used by people on many other car forums for grilles, bumpers, emblems and etc. It is VERY resistant to chipping and scratching, and the best part is that if you don't like how it turns out, it can be peeled off like electrical tape. Here is a teaser of how my radio panel turned out:

DSC_0878-1.jpg

in the future, let me know how it reacts with dust. my gauge cluster surround is painted with krylon flat black and everytime i go to dust it with a microfiber, i get mad static and the dust just gets worse and worse lol

in the future, let me know how it reacts with dust. my gauge cluster surround is painted with krylon flat black and everytime i go to dust it with a microfiber, i get mad static and the dust just gets worse and worse lol

this gave me a good laugh. lol

I painted my interior parts with that, it worked well but it rubs off on door handles after a couple weeks. It doesn't chip but it can peel off very easily.

Can also be bought at Walmart, Kmart, Harbor Freight, etc. Anywhere they sell tools. Also may be located in the electrical. I have seen people use liquid tape as well.
made by the same company and probably the same thing.
performix%20electrical%20spray%20insulation.jpg

well i wont be using it on anything that gets touched on a daily basis then im gonna pick some up today ill post some pics when im done

Can also be bought at Walmart, Kmart, Harbor Freight, etc. Anywhere they sell tools. Also may be located in the electrical. I have seen people use liquid tape as well.
made by the same company and probably the same thing.
performix%20electrical%20spray%20insulation.jpg

That stuff is different, Plasti-dip dries as a rubber. The spray right there is insulation for electrical connectors.

And I bought it at Home Depot. I'm also painting my emblems and rear valance/key trim with it right now. Pics soon.

ive tried plastidip and it didnt last too long. get one scratch and its over. it'll start to peel. ive used it on lips, knobs, interior pieces, etc.

the liquid electrical tape is really good for what its intended for

Last edited:
Back