96 Protege Blower Relay

Z_Clipper

Ok so I have been working on my little 96 Protege blower "problem" since 8am, in the blistering heat of South Carolina, and now at 3:40pm I am drawing the conclusion that I have a bad blower relay. The problem is, I cannot seem to locate it on the car! I have a picture of what it looks like from the parts house, but nobody can tell me where it is!

I ran power direct to the ac/heater blower motor and it works fine at all speeds. I have checked all the fuses on the drivers side interior fuse block and all check fine. I have checked the fuses in the engine compartment fuse block just forward of the battery and they check fine also.

I looked behind the glove compartment at one persons suggestion and cannot find anything. I followed the wires from the blower motor and they lead back around behind the control unit... still no relay. I have to assume it is somewhere that can be relatively easily accessed, but it is beyond me. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to this forum so if I have posted this incorrectly, a bit of coaching would be welcome.

Scott

Just to the left of the clutch pedal

There are (2) 4 pole relays just to the left of the clutch pedal. One controls the blower, the other... I guess I will find out. How do I know one controls the blower? I took them both out and switched them. Now the blower works. I noticed one of them had a scorched pole. I put it back in where the other one came out. So far everything works...

I just wish there was something in print that tells you what the relays do, similar to the fuse box layout. Oh... btw... the relay that came out had the number H270 painted on the side.... as I said there were two identical relays side by side. I have been to three parts houses and they all show the blower relay as being a 6 pole relay... guess I will call the dealer on Monday...(flash)

Ok, this is about as close as I have ever come to an answer as to the location of the blower motor relay. However, I have a 1995 LX, automatic... so no clutch pedal. I haven't gone outside to look as I have called it quits for the evening. Would the relay be in the same location as mentioned above?

Finally went outside and found an H270 four-pin relay. There was only the one, but not two as mentioned in your response. Still fighting the good fight on this!

Back