power window switch

mjstew

ok so my power window switch finally went out on the driver side...the motor works just fine, but there seems to be an issue with the driver switch making proper contact. i pulled the switch unit out from the door, and attempted to take the switch apart, but the hex screws were badly stripped (prev owner? :mad:) . A new switch unit is $250 from the dealer, so before i go that route just wondering if anyone has a spare to sell, or where to get a used one for cheap...

Pick 'n' Pull? eBay? I've found many switch banks for my Ram on eBay. Doubt if there'll be so many for the Mazda. Are there some interchangeable ones from other Mazda/Ford products?

i wish...i called the dealer and he told me the switch is only compatible with 04-09 mazda 3s...just when you need that ford connection, it doesnt help you any... since mazdas arent produced in HUGE quantities like cobalts, civics, and corollas, used parts seem pretty hard to find...

i wish...i called the dealer and he told me the switch is only compatible with 04-09 mazda 3s...just when you need that ford connection, it doesnt help you any... since mazdas arent produced in HUGE quantities like cobalts, civics, and corollas, used parts seem pretty hard to find...

Go to the Junkyards, "pick and Pull." They may not be produced in large quantities but for some reason mazda3's are topping the list for most wrecked car. haha, so they will most likely have 1 or 2 there.

haha i didnt know that many 3s got wrecked...
i called every salvage/ pull-a-part in the greater cleveland area and NOBODY has any 3s. i did however find the part for crazy cheap. i went to car-part.com, and they had a ton of places that had the part... I paid $35 for the part with shipping, and it fixed the issue.

I find the same situation for Gen III Rams. I've not found one locally yet.

haha i didnt know that many 3s got wrecked...
i called every salvage/ pull-a-part in the greater cleveland area and NOBODY has any 3s. i did however find the part for crazy cheap. i went to car-part.com, and they had a ton of places that had the part... I paid $35 for the part with shipping, and it fixed the issue.

So this is the full 4 switch module? I've had this pipe dream for a long time of making all my windows one touch down, or at least the front 2. I don't suppose you disassembled the module to see if the 4 switches inside were separate?

Last edited:
i was not able to check, because there was an intermittent problem with the switch from the original owner... when i finally started having trouble with the switch, the first thing i went to do was take the 4 pc switch apart, but the previous owner completely stripped out the hex screws, so i just decided to replace the switch. if i find the time, maybe i'll take apart my new switch unit and let you know

Back