Anyone here ever ran a 5.9A/F reading

1fastms

So pretty much as soon as I hit 1psi the wideband reads 10.00 A/F, and if I keep going for more PSI it hits 5.9A/F n.e ideas? I know this cars runn rich but I don't think this rich? And sometimes but just like couple of times during the day the wideband reads lean when I hit boost. So I let go and on the 3rd time it will start running rich again. Readings are thru a Autometer Ultra Lite Wide band.

My performance mods:

Injen CAI
After market SMI with hard pipes and HKS bov
Mental Addiction big T.B
626 I.M
After market turbo mani
Vibrant Exhaust with no cat
Walbro fuel pump
(NO BOOST CONTROLLER) Im boosting 8-9psi

My boost gauge reads 19vac. at iddle, I change spark plugs, also put in the stock fuel pump to test it but the same A/F readings so walbro is back in.

Well I can't even get on it b/c once it hits those readings it stumbles but yeah as I try getting on it i do see some black smoke. I been wondering for the longest if is my injectors. But I might be completely wrong.

I would say your fuel system is fine since its dumping so much fuel. You aren't throwing a check engine light?

Has it run right since you bought the car? If not check to see what color the injectors are? Previous owner may have had some kind of fuel management to control bigger injectors and pulled the fuel controller when they sold the car and left the bigger injectors in there which run okay in closed loop via 02 sensor signal but when you get on it...

didn't you JUST fix your vacuum leak? your ECU is still probably freaking out from your last mistake. Reset it and see what happens.

k, then I misread it... but if you just messed with all the s*** you just messed with, and now you've got problems... is probable due to something you messed with.. so we can spout off about the usual suspects, but you're the one who knows what you fiddled with, and what might be causing issues.

For anyone trying to help, see background here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123776212

If you had to mess with your throttle position sensor that is the problem unless it was done with a using an ohm meter?

Dude the car has runn this way since a while back before the issu of the iddle and other stuff related to that. thanks

If you adjusted things...trust me you're better off getting a new throttle body from the salvage yard that has the sensors already calibrated for $50

maz-max.com
or car-parts.com

then you have another major problem. because your AFRs should NEVER be that low.

what happened before this started happening?

Well when I fist got the MSP it was all stock at a dealer with only 15K miles. than the turbo took a s*** which I found to be odd. I went all out buying all kinds of s*** insted of just replacing the turbo. Install the vibrant Exhaust, Perrin FMI, Split sencond V2, CAI, and GT28rs. The car was running fine most of the time on the tune the S.S came with. than the cold came along and it was acting up like a b****, so I decided to wait for the warm tempeture to see if it got fix and nothing so I started going back to stock to see if it was that I had something making this happend. And nothing. Now the car just has this other mods that I name that were kept.

superstock map isn't made for a 28RS... I'd get it tuned properly, because clearly you're WAY off. No CEL though? that's pretty strange.

I just also replace the o2 sensor on the turbo mani for a new one. ANd by the way howmany o2 sensors those the msp have and will the one after matter?

I don't have a gt28rs nor the S.S ne more just the mods on the 1st post. And if I did had the Splitsecond I still wouldn't want to tune around a problem.

well thats what I thought, n.e ways maybe the wires and the coils are fried or could it be possible my widebands sensor is giving me wrong reading but ither way the car runs like s***.

Back