Squeak when pressing clutch pedal

el_Don

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES
I've been noticing a squeaking sound that does not occur when I'm at idle, or when the car is off and I press the clutch pedal. However, when I begin to accelerate from first and shift to second, the squeak is heard both when I press and release the pedal. This happens until 4th gear I think (can't really hear if it is there due to road noise at that speeds). I don't think that it is anything major, but I was wondering if anyone has had the same thing happening to them. Thanks for input (thumb)

Can you give me a jist of where it's located? Or the technical name so I can look it up in the manual?

pop off the rubber boot on the bell housing of the transmission where the clutch arm goes into the bell housing, it is in there, shine a light in and u will see where the arm pivots, take a heavy grease(general purpose automotive grease, wheel bearing grease, etc..) and put in on the pivot point, it will take some finagling to get this done, since the tranny is bolted to the motor, its a 5-second job when the tranny is out.

While your playing around down there, lube up where the slave cylinder rod meets the clutch arm too.

pop off the rubber boot on the bell housing of the transmission where the clutch arm goes into the bell housing, it is in there, shine a light in and u will see where the arm pivots, take a heavy grease(general purpose automotive grease, wheel bearing grease, etc..) and put in on the pivot point, it will take some finagling to get this done, since the tranny is bolted to the motor, its a 5-second job when the tranny is out.

While your playing around down there, lube up where the slave cylinder rod meets the clutch arm too.

Crap, I was hoping that it would be easier than that. I guess I'll live with it until the clutch goes....otherwise, that would be a lot of work just for an annoyance.

Back