Room for HID conversion kit for 2010 Mazda 3

TurtleTorque

:
2014 Mazda 6 Tour with Tech
Morning. Been researching thoroughly on this topic. I've been wanting to do this or have a pro install 6000k HID conversion kit. I looked inside the engine compartment and it appears there is very limited to no room to install these. I'll obviously need slim ballast if I'm to ever fit these in there. Has anyone installed HID conversion kit and if so, how did you get it to fit in there? If you have, can you submit pics so I can review? Thanks

I installed mine last week. I stuck the ballasts on the bottom of the light housing. It's a very flat surface and by placing it there you don't have a long distance between it and the bulb opening.

Ah ok. I didnt think to look below the light housing. I was looking top or side. I'll double check again. Thanks all.

another option depending on the length of wires is installing the ballast in the fenders. That is what I did but I also drive a speed3.

I put mine right on top of the headlight itself inside the engine bay. I used velcro stickies and it fits nice. I can take pics if you want.

Wouldn't placing it on the bottom of the headlights make it a prime target for any moisture/condensation that accumulates down there?

I've heard side on the fender is best too, but it doesn't look like there's much room. Pics would be great!

can't do behind the bumper on these?
thats what i did on my civic and on other peoples car's i've installed for

can't do behind the bumper on these?
thats what i did on my civic and on other peoples car's i've installed for

I am sure you can if you want to take the bumper off. There isnt much room to get at the bumper without removing it, at least in the MS3s. I am telling you.... fender is the way to go, keeps it from moisture and not to mention you can basically hide the whole thing. The only other option is lamp housing itself but I found on the MS3s passanger side there really isn't room for that on the US models.

like JTMS3 said, I installed mine on small spaces on fenders. I even washed my car and did not have any water problem too. I should take some pictures, but I'm so lazy...

I believe this is where JTMS3 and Bijou are attempting to talk about.

30ww9k1.png

2hxm0ee.jpg

Z

Back