100K miles!

MD5

:
06 Carbon Gray Touring 5
I bought my 2006 Touring on 4/17/2006 and just went over 100k miles on 6/19/10.

Here's a list of my repairs so far:

approx 35k miles - dealer replaced leaking power steering hose -$free
approx 90k miles - replaced battery $85
approx 93k miles - replaced struts/shocks $750

I am on my 4th set of tires (I must be hard on 50 series tires).

I have replaced spark plugs twice (at about 30k miles each time with Autolites).

I change my oil AND filter every 4k miles with the Motorcraft filter and Mobil1 5w20.

The only problem I currently have is the heat shielding is coming apart near the front of the exhaust. I need to replace the front two pieces which will run me about $150.

Someone gave me a $400 door ding in the front passenger fender, and I had it fixed.

All in all it has been a great vehicle. I don't keep tabs on mileage, but using regular unleaded I can get about 175 miles when the needle reaches 1/2 tank. I don't like going much below that, so I usually fill up.

Nice. Why are you replacing plugs at 30K, if you don't mind me asking?

Out of habit more than anything. I just can't see a set of plugs lasting 50k or more. Besides, it's relatively cheap.

Wow, orig owner purchased my MZ5 about the same time, and it now has 37 thousand and some change! Keep up the good work...and glad you are not driving an H2 that many miles in such short time!

Wow, orig owner purchased my MZ5 about the same time, and it now has 37 thousand and some change! Keep up the good work...and glad you are not driving an H2 that many miles in such short time!

With a son that plays travel hockey, it made more sense to drive the 5 than our Excursion.

I've driven to Colorado Springs, Virginia Beach, Cape Canaveral, Hutchinson Kansas, and quite a few destinations in Texas all from DFW.

Back