MS6 Build Number Thread

Add mine to the list..
/RX-8Chick
2007 MS6
Black Mica
Build Date: 11/06

Just did some quick analysis... I actually put all the info here in a spreadsheet and put it in order by production number... Everything seems to line up and I was even able to put in some production months for those that were missing..

In terms of color, here's what I have so far:
LPM 17
BCM 5
WWP 8
VRM 11
BM 14
TGM 2

And it also looks like KrGsMrNKusinagi had one of the last WWP since his PN is so close to the cut off.

I think you've got something really valid here Gary. As long as some other cars don't pop up with vin numbers in between ours, this is solid. Is there a way to search by a VIN# to check if there are some in between ours that aren't MS6's?

Feel Free to add another;

Liquid Platinum Metallic
BD: 09/05

Last edited:
Just did some quick analysis... I actually put all the info here in a spreadsheet and put it in order by production number... Everything seems to line up and I was even able to put in some production months for those that were missing..

In terms of color, here's what I have so far:
LPM 17
BCM 5
WWP 8
VRM 11
BM 14
TGM 2

And it also looks like KrGsMrNKusinagi had one of the last WWP since his PN is so close to the cut off.

I think you've got something really valid here Gary. As long as some other cars don't pop up with vin numbers in between ours, this is solid. Is there a way to search by a VIN# to check if there are some in between ours that aren't MS6's?

Thats awesome.. I figured that I was close to being right with the BCM and TGM being the rarest colors..

yea my dad wanted a white one to but they didnt have anymore and the black one sold the night before.
but we also got a hell of a deal on it and red was my 3rd favorite and i actually like it better than white now.

Jenn thats awesome (dance).. maybe send over a copy of the spreadsheet if you saved it?? email: boostedspd6@yahoo.com

tomorow ill be heading out to our local machine shop to see if they can stamp me blanks of those plates and then ill post a GI thread and submit an application for vendor status.. things are moving along :D

everyones input on this is greatly appreciated, the more information all of us find out, the better our case will be in regards to taking it up with Mazda..

NP Gary. I'll do it when I get home.

GL with getting something going! This is pretty awesome! I'm trying to spread the word to other MS6 owners to post their info.

If this is indeed legit, keeping some record of it would be great.We can also add purchase history and keep as much info as we know regarding the cars for future owners/reference.

Yay, i would LOVE to hear official word from Mazda about this, to know of these numbers are true production #'s.
I have a friend that works for the Dept. of Justice/Stolen Vehicles Unit and can look up any VIN and translate what every number means. The last 4 digits also contain specific manufacture information for that specific car like factory location... only 2 factories produced our cars, Hiroshima and Hofu, in Japan.

ill see if she can shed more light for us.

they are the less wanted colors :p

as if!!! low production #'s don't equate to less desired of a color.
if anything it speaks to exclusivity. (moon)

ok, so my dept of justice friend got back to me... here is my full VIN number breakdown...

digit / description / meaning
J..........................COUNTRY OF ORIGIN.......JAPAN
M1.......................MANUFACTURER..............MAZD, MAZDA
GG12L..................MODEL...........................MAZD A
..............................................................4D SD/2.3L/D&P,
..............................................................CRTN+SD
5..........................CHECK DIGIT.................CHECK DIGIT VALID
6..........................YEAR............................2006
1...........................ASSEMBLY PLANT..........HOFU, YAMAGUCHI
100508.................SEQUEN CE NUMBER.........IN RANGE

no idea what lots of this means...
D&P? CRTN+SD?
check digit valid?
sequence number? possibly the "full" production number? being the last 6 instead of 4 #s.

and Fyi there should be only ONE other # for ASsembly Plant.. like 0 or 2.
just some interesting info for yall.

Old school MSProtege heads know about {BWC}.
Brotherhood of the White Car...the saga continues.

Plant Number is 2 digits in our case.. so yours would be 11.. most people should have this.

so batou FYI read the very bottom of my first post.. boostd2ms6 had already found a great deal of info on this subject.. :)

Last edited:
Back