MS6 Build Number Thread

this is a bad picture but its dark out now so bear with me till tomorrow for better pics

PC2.jpg

now this isnt the final piece.. im going to be Painting that grille to match and leaving the vinyl on there during the painting so it'll say 2717 in Carbon Fiber.. FTW!!..

on a side note i have figured out what im going to do with respect to the PN's.. gotta make a few phone calls and such.. updates later this week..

Oooo, that will be subtle and add a great personalization!!!
black grill with CF numbering... of course ill be waiting for finished pics!

Our car was made the same month though. haha

Aye, also it gives us an idea that they produced at least 100+ MS6 in that month alone. Hmmmm... interesting.

Dayum. 1500. Thats exclusive. I think something like that witht he word MAZDASPEED6. Or MS6 would be sweet. SOmething to stick to the side fender or door would be sweet as well. I vote for black back ground with silver lettering a red border. :)

Oooo, that color scheme choice isnt just to go along with your car is it? kekeke.
Even so, it sounds like with the right font that could be really slick lookin for any MS6!! :)

Year: 2006
Color: Liquid Platnium Metallic
Last 5: 00402
RIP: 10-7-2009
--------------------
Year:2006
Color: Titanium Gray II Metallic
Last 5: 03080

AHHHHH MATX!!! your old MS6 was the lowest PN!!! beat mine...
that's a shame, what happen?

but im still the lowest non-total'd MS6 so far. ;)

Eventually I'd also like to find out how many were made in Canada and the US. So far it looks like a lot more were made down there... Even on my TM6 club, there aren't many speed 6's and every time I go to a meet I'll never see another one.

It seems as far as the colors go that the Black Cherry and the Titanium Gray are the least produced. I have been looking at Autotrader and they are few and far between..

really? Titanium gray is a suprise to me... always thought whites were pretty rare.

now THAT would be interesting to learn production totals of each color.

unless we found all the VIN's from every car, i dont think we'll ever be able to know how many of each color were produced.

we might be able to get close, esp if people are still watching ebay and autotrader..

8023 for a 2006 on autotrader
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=277908091&dealer_id=56666503&car_year=2006&rdm=1277252489375&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=MAZDASPD6&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&sownerid=54656291&first_record=26&make=MAZDA&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=02769&advanced=&end_year=2011&pager.offset=25&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=98&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

8177 for a 2007
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=279003434&dealer_id=56609623&car_year=2007&rdm=1277252489375&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=MAZDASPD6&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&sownerid=54656291&first_record=176&make=MAZDA&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=02769&advanced=&end_year=2011&pager.offset=175&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=2537&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

10741 for a 2007
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=279539647&dealer_id=620450&car_year=2007&rdm=1277252489375&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=MAZDASPD6&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&sownerid=54656291&first_record=176&make=MAZDA&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=02769&advanced=&end_year=2011&pager.offset=175&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=1620&standard=true

Last edited:
Hate to play devil's advocate, but has anyone 100% confirmed this with Mazda? FYI, not all manufacturers use a serialized build number for their vehicles, and this could be a false hope for some. You obviously won't find any duplicates, but it might be a tad misleading. Maybe shoot their customer service people an email and find out if in fact your production # correlates to the last five digits of your VIN. I believe the MSP guys had to do this.

Eventually I'd also like to find out how many were made in Canada and the US. So far it looks like a lot more were made down there... Even on my TM6 club, there aren't many speed 6's and every time I go to a meet I'll never see another one.

I was under the assumption that the final build location was Japan.....?

All of the MS6's were built in Japan. They may have had modifications done at port, but that would be unlikely.

Mazda has to have this information. it sounds stupid to say " we dont know how many we made". I know when I had the dodge stealth I could narrow it down by going to a website and selecting the color, year, and options of my car. It would tell me how many were made exactly like mine.

Back