CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MS6 Build Number Thread

16 CX-5, Old: 06 Mazdaspeed6, 08 CX-7, 01 Protege ES/Mp3wannabe

updated the build date on mine, 12/05
    2016 Deep Crystal Blue CX-5 Grand Touring AWD - 2016 Subaru WRX Limited

'13 Mazdaspeed 3

something like this would be cool.
    Last edited by Tungsten6; 06-19-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Current
    2013 CWP Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 RMM, JBR Solid Shifter Bushings, K&N Drop in, Cobb AP

Past
    2002 Mazda Miata SE
    2006 Mazda 6i Hatchback

Moderater

2001 Corvette coupe

Dayum. 1500. Thats exclusive. I think something like that witht he word MAZDASPEED6. Or MS6 would be sweet. SOmething to stick to the side fender or door would be sweet as well. I vote for black back ground with silver lettering a red border.

2006 MAZDASPEED6

FREEKTUNED @ 20PSI // COBB AP V3 // CPE TMIC // COBB SF // PG TIH // DENSO ITV22s // AUTOTECH INTERNALS // SURE TP // MAGNAFLOW CATBACK // JBR OCC // JBR IM SPACER // JBR PASSENGER & TRANNY MOUNT // SURE RMM // H&R SPRINGS // XXR 530 18X8.75 +35 // CAR LED TAILS // CPE REAR DIF MOUNT // TURBINE TECH FRONT DIF MOUNT // CPE TOW HOOK // 35% TINT // 3M DINOC WRAPPED ROOF // AUTOEXE CARBON FIBER BADGELESS GRILL

'13 Mazdaspeed 3

or something to put on the ash tray cover.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $10

MazdaSpeed 6

lol you guys are so smart.. DING DING DING!!! yup were gonna have those .. Just working on getting the blanks to start with.

thinking of 2 options.. you can either Rivet the plates anywhere you want or use 3m tape to stick them on..

thats as far as im going with talking about it, before i get in trouble for not having AMM Status yet..

Registered Member

2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedSpd6 View Post
    lol you guys are so smart.. DING DING DING!!! yup were gonna have those .. Just working on getting the blanks to start with.

thinking of 2 options.. you can either Rivet the plates anywhere you want or use 3m tape to stick them on..

thats as far as im going with talking about it, before i get in trouble for not having AMM Status yet..
    When I was looking, I had a Carfax account to check out histories. I did try to find out how far the MS6 numbers went, and I think I got up to about 11000 before I couldn't find any valid VINs. You'll want to figure out the number of cars actually made to put on a plaque.

It is a cool idea though...it might be interesting to have a couple of options for the actual marking. Maybe an interior and exterior option. Not sure how you can make sure that people only order their number...I'd be annoyed to come across another #10403.
    2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

Registered Member

I guess you would have to go on the honor system maybe? haha.. I never see any MS6's running around where I live so I don't think I'd have that problem but for you more populated areas I could see it being one..

As far as exterior marking I think you could maybe get a sticker made to put in one of the windows or something.. I'm not too awful creative when it comes to stuff like this..

Registered Member

Found an interesting article about breaking down the VIN # of a car.. I had never really paid much attention to it but this would be kind of cool to figure out..

VIN Check

Make/Model: (Digits 1-3) This breaks out the vehicle's make, model, and manufacturer.
    Vehicle Features: (Digits 4-8) These digits identify the various features of the specific model — trim specifications, driveline options, etc.
    Verifying #: (Digit 9) Determined through a complex mathematical formula that relates to the other numbers in the VIN; used to verify that the VIN itself is not fake.
    Model Year: (Digit 10) Represents the vehicle's model year, which is not to be confused with the year it was sold or delivered.
    Assembly Plant: (Digit 11) An internal digit that shows where the car was built.
    Sequence Of Model Production: (Digit 12-17) These digits indicate the order in which the vehicle left the assembly line. This is effectively the serial number.

Using an autotrader VIN I figured out:

JM1GG12L171109207
    JM1 is obviously Japanese Mazda
    GG12L are the features
    1 is the check # and using this site VIN Calculator it verifys that this VIN is indeed real
    7 is the production year which is 2007
    11 is the assembly plant
    09207 would be in fact our production number
    Last edited by boost2dms6; 06-20-2010 at 03:53 AM.

'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD

I'll have to post my info when I get home in about two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    I'll have to post my info when I get home in about two weeks.
    you should be able to pull your VIN off your insurance info...
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by boost2dms6 View Post
    Found an interesting article about breaking down the VIN # of a car.. I had never really paid much attention to it but this would be kind of cool to figure out..

VIN Check

Make/Model: (Digits 1-3) This breaks out the vehicle's make, model, and manufacturer.
    Vehicle Features: (Digits 4-8) These digits identify the various features of the specific model trim specifications, driveline options, etc.
    Verifying #: (Digit 9) Determined through a complex mathematical formula that relates to the other numbers in the VIN; used to verify that the VIN itself is not fake.
    Model Year: (Digit 10) Represents the vehicle's model year, which is not to be confused with the year it was sold or delivered.
    Assembly Plant: (Digit 11) An internal digit that shows where the car was built.
    Sequence Of Model Production: (Digit 12-17) These digits indicate the order in which the vehicle left the assembly line. This is effectively the serial number.

JM1GG12L171109207
    GG12L are the features
    1 is the check # and using this site VIN Calculator it verifys that this VIN is indeed real
    11 is the assembly plant
    what I'm curious about is if there is any overlap in the "serial" numbers from year to year, ie have a vin that ends with 61109999 and a 71108888. I guess we should be able to figure that out though once we get more data here...

'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    you should be able to pull your VIN off your insurance info...
    I'm about 5,000 miles from home, not quite in the middle of the Atlantic on a satellite connection. I'm not going to go into any personal info under those circumstances.

Donated: $10

MazdaSpeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by boost2dms6 View Post

VIN Check

Vehicle Features: (Digits 4-8) These digits identify the various features of the specific model — trim specifications, driveline options, etc.

JM1GG12L171109207
    GG12L are the features
    11 is the assembly plant
    great post.. will be adding this to the first post..

Quote Originally Posted by keymaster View Post
    When I was looking, I had a Carfax account to check out histories. I did try to find out how far the MS6 numbers went, and I think I got up to about 11000 before I couldn't find any valid VINs. You'll want to figure out the number of cars actually made to put on a plaque.

It is a cool idea though...it might be interesting to have a couple of options for the actual marking. Maybe an interior and exterior option. Not sure how you can make sure that people only order their number...I'd be annoyed to come across another #10403.
    well most people will be getting these from this forum, and considering thier number is already posted im not gonna make one that says #2718 when mines #2717 you know what i mean..
    Last edited by BoostedSpd6; 06-20-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Registered Member

glad i could help out. i think ours are a little different with regards to the amount of numbers per section of the VIN..

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

Evolved
    2006 MS6 GT
    Liquid Platinum Metallic
    Production #: 03137
    Build date: Will check later on.
    Lucas--

--LPM 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT--
    //Cobb SRI//Cobb TIP//ITV22's//JBR SSP+SSB//SLS TP//AWR MM//VG Shark Fin//Autoexe CF Grill//PIAA Ion Yellow Fogs

Previous cars: BMW 323ci, Mitsubishi Evo VIII, Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast