MS6 Build Number Thread

this is a bad picture but its dark out now so bear with me till tomorrow for better pics

PC2.jpg

now this isnt the final piece.. im going to be Painting that grille to match and leaving the vinyl on there during the painting so it'll say 2717 in Carbon Fiber.. FTW!!..

on a side note i have figured out what im going to do with respect to the PN's.. gotta make a few phone calls and such.. updates later this week..

Dayum. 1500. Thats exclusive. I think something like that witht he word MAZDASPEED6. Or MS6 would be sweet. SOmething to stick to the side fender or door would be sweet as well. I vote for black back ground with silver lettering a red border. :)

lol you guys are so smart.. DING DING DING!!! yup were gonna have those :) :D.. Just working on getting the blanks to start with.

thinking of 2 options.. you can either Rivet the plates anywhere you want or use 3m tape to stick them on..

thats as far as im going with talking about it, before i get in trouble for not having AMM Status yet..

lol you guys are so smart.. DING DING DING!!! yup were gonna have those :) :D.. Just working on getting the blanks to start with.

thinking of 2 options.. you can either Rivet the plates anywhere you want or use 3m tape to stick them on..

thats as far as im going with talking about it, before i get in trouble for not having AMM Status yet..

When I was looking, I had a Carfax account to check out histories. I did try to find out how far the MS6 numbers went, and I think I got up to about 11000 before I couldn't find any valid VINs. You'll want to figure out the number of cars actually made to put on a plaque.

It is a cool idea though...it might be interesting to have a couple of options for the actual marking. Maybe an interior and exterior option. Not sure how you can make sure that people only order their number...I'd be annoyed to come across another #10403. :D

I guess you would have to go on the honor system maybe? haha.. I never see any MS6's running around where I live so I don't think I'd have that problem but for you more populated areas I could see it being one..

As far as exterior marking I think you could maybe get a sticker made to put in one of the windows or something.. I'm not too awful creative when it comes to stuff like this..

Found an interesting article about breaking down the VIN # of a car.. I had never really paid much attention to it but this would be kind of cool to figure out..

VIN Check

Make/Model: (Digits 1-3) This breaks out the vehicle's make, model, and manufacturer.
Vehicle Features: (Digits 4-8) These digits identify the various features of the specific model — trim specifications, driveline options, etc.
Verifying #: (Digit 9) Determined through a complex mathematical formula that relates to the other numbers in the VIN; used to verify that the VIN itself is not fake.
Model Year: (Digit 10) Represents the vehicle's model year, which is not to be confused with the year it was sold or delivered.
Assembly Plant: (Digit 11) An internal digit that shows where the car was built.
Sequence Of Model Production: (Digit 12-17) These digits indicate the order in which the vehicle left the assembly line. This is effectively the serial number.

Using an autotrader VIN I figured out:

JM1GG12L171109207
JM1 is obviously Japanese Mazda
GG12L are the features
1 is the check # and using this site VIN Calculator it verifys that this VIN is indeed real
7 is the production year which is 2007
11 is the assembly plant
09207 would be in fact our production number

Last edited:
I'll have to post my info when I get home in about two weeks.

Found an interesting article about breaking down the VIN # of a car.. I had never really paid much attention to it but this would be kind of cool to figure out..

VIN Check

Make/Model: (Digits 1-3) This breaks out the vehicle's make, model, and manufacturer.
Vehicle Features: (Digits 4-8) These digits identify the various features of the specific model trim specifications, driveline options, etc.
Verifying #: (Digit 9) Determined through a complex mathematical formula that relates to the other numbers in the VIN; used to verify that the VIN itself is not fake.
Model Year: (Digit 10) Represents the vehicle's model year, which is not to be confused with the year it was sold or delivered.
Assembly Plant: (Digit 11) An internal digit that shows where the car was built.
Sequence Of Model Production: (Digit 12-17) These digits indicate the order in which the vehicle left the assembly line. This is effectively the serial number.

JM1GG12L171109207
GG12L are the features
1 is the check # and using this site VIN Calculator it verifys that this VIN is indeed real
11 is the assembly plant

what I'm curious about is if there is any overlap in the "serial" numbers from year to year, ie have a vin that ends with 61109999 and a 71108888. I guess we should be able to figure that out though once we get more data here...

you should be able to pull your VIN off your insurance info...

I'm about 5,000 miles from home, not quite in the middle of the Atlantic on a satellite connection. I'm not going to go into any personal info under those circumstances.

VIN Check

Vehicle Features: (Digits 4-8) These digits identify the various features of the specific model — trim specifications, driveline options, etc.

JM1GG12L171109207
GG12L are the features
11 is the assembly plant

great post.. will be adding this to the first post..

When I was looking, I had a Carfax account to check out histories. I did try to find out how far the MS6 numbers went, and I think I got up to about 11000 before I couldn't find any valid VINs. You'll want to figure out the number of cars actually made to put on a plaque.

It is a cool idea though...it might be interesting to have a couple of options for the actual marking. Maybe an interior and exterior option. Not sure how you can make sure that people only order their number...I'd be annoyed to come across another #10403. :D

well most people will be getting these from this forum, and considering thier number is already posted im not gonna make one that says #2718 when mines #2717 you know what i mean..

Last edited:
Evolved
2006 MS6 GT
Liquid Platinum Metallic
Production #: 03137
Build date: Will check later on.

Back