Door Locks !

phantomvs

For the 2009-2010 M5.....Is there a way to get the doors to lock automatically after the car is started?

Sort of like when you reach 10miles and hour or something and the doors all lock when driving and then maybe unlock when put in park .

Thanks !

Only way I know is to install a aftermarket alarm that has this feature built into it. I have one (listed in my sig) and it has this feature and I like it very much.

Are door locks really a big deal if everybody is wearing their seatbelts?

My fiancee wants them to lock so that she doesn't forget to lock them and end up car jacked or something. I don't worry about it because I would enjoy seeing how my Springfield .45's Hydrashocks perform on a person, but she doesn't carry a gun so she's scared of people walking up while she's at a light and just hopping in.

My fiancee wants them to lock so that she doesn't forget to lock them and end up car jacked or something. I don't worry about it because I would enjoy seeing how my Springfield .45's Hydrashocks perform on a person, but she doesn't carry a gun so she's scared of people walking up while she's at a light and just hopping in.

This, although Canadians don't carry guns. Even more reason for us to have doors automatically lock.

My Celica has a Compustar alarm and the doors lock as soon as the engine starts. I want to do the same with the Mazda but I want to continue to use my flip keys.

^^ yeah, if you drive around in the countryside, then you want them to lock to keep you in the car if you crash. In the city, you want them to lock to keep people out when you're stopped. Both are good reasons to lock the doors.

Only way I know is to install a aftermarket alarm that has this feature built into it. I have one (listed in my sig) and it has this feature and I like it very much.

Actually 2008 Mazda5 has this feature. I thought it was normal until I read the previous thread a while back. But as the previous poster said, this feature is probably from the alarm system.

But the funny thing, is that I didn't buy an aftermarket alarm. I just paid for the factory (or dealer's) alarm at Browning Mazda (Cerritos, Ca)

Must be a dealer installed feature, as the N.A. Mazda 5 does not get auto locks from the factory, AFAIK.

i used to have an alarm on my P5 that would lock like that...not fun when it locks and your not in it lol so be careful, i recommend rolling your windows down when you step out of the car for a min and shut the door..

Yes you will need to install an alarm with that feature, or a seperate module that controls the door lock actuators. If this is really what you want, then your best bet is to visit your local car stereo/alarm guru. Or you can save yourself a few hundred dollars, and remember to push the button before you put the car in gear.(wink)

i used to have an alarm on my P5 that would lock like that...not fun when it locks and your not in it lol so be careful, i recommend rolling your windows down when you step out of the car for a min and shut the door..

My system autotmatically unlocks the driver's door when you pull the key out.
It locks when you arm the car or lock it manually.

Back