bill and ted stroller

olfox

Hi everyone.

I am seriously considering moving up to a cx9 from a 6, as my family is expanding. I was wondering if anyone had any experience handling a bill and ted double stroller in the back.

how does it fit, and what else will fit in the back with it? I have a general sense, but any 'day to day' experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

We do not have a Bill and Ted but we have a jogger stroller which are kind of bulky. If we have both seats of the third row up, our jogger will tighly fit behind there but with no room for anything else other then small things here and there. We prefer to travel with either both seats on third row completely put away for tons of cargo room or at the very least one seat up and one seat down in the third row to allow storage for jogger and a few other stuff back there. So esentially we consider our CX-9 a 6 passenger vehicle in long road trips where jogger and luggage is required and a 7 passenger vehicle when neither jogger or luggage is required. We also have an "umbrella" type stroller for when we use all 7 seats. Hope this helps!

We have a double stroller that fits in the back with all the seats up but just like Davicho there's not too much room for anything else. I think we were able to fit the diaper bag, a bag of toys, some blankets and extra clothing. Enough for a little day trip.

I currently have a Maclaren double, a Maclaren single, a Graco snap and go, a Bob revolution and 6 quarts of Mobil 1 in the back of the CX9.

I currently have a Maclaren double, a Maclaren single, a Graco snap and go, a Bob revolution and 6 quarts of Mobil 1 in the back of the CX9.

I take it you have all this with both seats (3rd row) down and put away, because I can't see how you can have all that with them up in place.

I take it you have all this with both seats (3rd row) down and put away, because I can't see how you can have all that with them up in place.

Yes they're folded down. I actually don't recall ever having the third row up.

i do not have a bill&ted's but i do have a PHIL&teds stroller which fit snugly in my murano and fits EASILY in my CX9 with the 3rd row down. it will NOT fit with the 3rd row up (not easily anyways). i believe bill&ted had an excellent adventure back in the 80s but i do not believe they are in the business of baby strollers. good luck!

All this talk of strollers--shouldn't you guys be driving minivans (aka little house on the highway)? (rofl2)

All this talk of strollers--shouldn't you guys be driving minivans (aka little house on the highway)? (rofl2)

Last time I checked the CX-9 was a 7-passenger family Cross-Over, so stroller talk is bound to happen.

The real question here is, why do you own a CX-9 then?

I have the peg perego aria single as well as the twin (60/40 side-by-side). The single fits with the 3rd row up, but the twin does not. If you want a double stroller to fit, you probably want to get something other than a side by side (ie, front/back).

Obviously anything fits with one or both of the 3rd row seats down.

I would venture to guess that most owners of the CX-9 have kids, obviously with a few exceptions. Why else would you need a 7 seat CUV?

Why a 7 Seater?

I have a CX-9 because I'm 6'6" tall and nothing else with any style fits very well. My oldest kid is 46, and if she needed a stroller it wouldn't fit unless I cut the top off. (She's 5'11"). I like the stealth - if you look at a 2010, it does not say Mazda anywhere on the outside (or the inside) aside from the logo. Seriously, I like the fact that our two dog kennels will fit in the back side by side facing the hatch, with the second row of seats upright. So, there are many reasons to own a "niner" other than having children at home.

In three months of ownership, mine hasn't seen the shop. I sympathize with the owner who made it all of 10 miles and lost his coil - it does seem if an electrical component is going to go it will be early. I hope the dealer is responsible enough to replace the "well fouled" plug on that cylinder.

Based on everything I read, and my own experience, I wouldn't let one mishap change my mind on the CX. Last week I averaged 25.3 headed to Corpus Christi, and 21.5 coming back to San Antonio - running 70ish both ways. Coming back is uphill grade. The secret is to keep it on cruise every second you can.

Last time I checked the CX-9 was a 7-passenger family Cross-Over, so stroller talk is bound to happen.

The real question here is, why do you own a CX-9 then?

First off, I was just joking with you guys, hence the ROFL.

I don't have kids. I had a Cadillac Escalade which was no fun to drive--like a barge, and decided I wanted something fun to drive. When I test drove SUVs I really didn't take 3rd row or size into consideration. It was based on fun to drive factor and available options. The CX-9 won me over.

We have the Chariot Cougar double and it fits well with the 3rd. row seats down.
the nice thing about the Chariot is that you can get different attachments. (bike, jogging, stroller, x-country skying, etc.)

Bought a 2010 GT for about 2 months and only have the 3rd row up one time. I have a 4 years old boy and expecting a baby girl in NOV. Very happy with the purchase. I am sure my stroller and baby stuffs will fit. I have been reading both CX7 and CX9 forums. There in CX7 forums, people talk about turbo failure, broken timing chain. Here in CX9 forums, we talk about stroller. I guess we are the lucky group.

here are the CX7 topics:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f1826a6/97!make=Mazda&model=CX-7&ed_makeindex=.f1826a6

http://www.mcx7.com/showthread.php?t=6498

Last edited:
Really? Cx-7`s are going down that bad?

For me, cx-9 is first and foremost a family/cargo hauler.
All the goodies of this zoom zoom CUV comes second. And I enjoy them.

Back