Cup Holder ?

walkingchaos

:
2014 CX-5
hey guys, ok looked around and didnt see a solid answer. I cant stand the cup holder in my 02 P5. Ive seen the 03 holder without the little flappy door thing and it looks much better. Are they a direct swap ? And if so where would one find a piece like that for a 5speed ?

I have one that I bought and haven't gotten around to using it yet. I can put it up for sale if you want...

Yes, they are a direct swap. See if you can find someone that wants to trade for yours. The cupholder w/o the lid can be found on the 02.5 and up P5's.

If you you just swap out the cupholder part only it will sit higher. It is better to get the whole assembly. I got mine from an auto and it fits but it has a wear pattern from the shifter assembly.

the cupholders ARE a direct swap, but the console surrounding the cupholder is slightly different. installing an 03+ cupholder into an 02 console will leave some small gaps next to the cupholder. the console in the later cars was revised slightly with a higher slope to mold better to the later cupholder.

I have one that I bought and haven't gotten around to using it yet. I can put it up for sale if you want...

drop me a PM, i might be down for that :)

So i thought the trim panel and the cup holders were one piece ? are they two seperate parts ?

drop me a PM, i might be down for that :)

So i thought the trim panel and the cup holders were one piece ? are they two seperate parts ?

i'm talking about the part that the cupholder pops into - the whole center console. they look the same, but they are slightly different. the cupholders will physically fit in either console, but a later cup holder in an early console will have little gaps on the sides. i tried, i know. if you can live with that, go for it. just thought you might want to know.

good to know, that flappy door thing on mine is annoying as hell!

also is the other style deeper, i cant tell you how many times ive dumped my coffee out of my current one :(

its a little deeper, but not much. and that depth is from making the top higher, which is why it doesnt quite fit right.

Oops, misread, sorry. I have the cup holder with the door that I haven't put in yet.

What about the carbon fiber cup holders from dg? They have the ones with flaps and ones without. I have an 02 and hate the flap, and was thinking at the same time I might as well get a carbon fibre one. These probably have the same gap problems because they're modeled after the 02.5+ models, right?

Also, I was curious as to how the DG ones install, as they seem to only be a top piece?

Latest posts

Back