BlackBandit '99

Thanks, i wazzz going to pull off the bottom half but said screw it another time. Thats a beach to do without a hand. I am buying new injector rings today because they are shot.

I am also buying new black spacers that inserts between the head and fuel rail so that my orings do not become brittle and hard like plastic. That is why i had to get new injector kits. Well Mazda over night the shipping for me so that I can drive. I am stuck at home :(

Photo0748.jpg

Last edited:
I really like that lip. Might have to pick me up one for my NB. Looks like you've made some good progress on the car so far. What size tires are on the MS wheels? My friend has had some issues on his MSM with rubbing on wider than OE supplied tires.

215/40-17 are pretty much the widest you can go. I've heard rumors of a 235/35-17 fitting, but cannot confirm.

no way did i lol.... i have it on my phone as well. To explain what it looks like. Ha small world.
You just recently put yours on didn't you? What do you think?

i am picking up the center console off of a 10 ae because my console has weird marks that looked bubbled and some cigarette burns. The hinge is broken when you open it and the inside looked scraped. It also comes with the cf look alike surround and another piece of real cf that he apparently made for something else. whateve. This will complete my inside mods with the exception of ms pedals and future gauges for turbo.

i am picking up the center console off of a 10 ae because my console has weird marks that looked bubbled and some cigarette burns. The hinge is broken when you open it and the inside looked scraped. It also comes with the cf look alike surround and another piece of real cf that he apparently made for something else. whateve. This will complete my inside mods with the exception of ms pedals and future gauges for turbo.

you should try to find a 01+ center console so you can get the cupholders. And the CF look alike surround was a 10AE option it goes around the shifter and there is another piece that goes around the radio. If you need oem parts lmk i have a place you can call.

no way did i lol.... i have it on my phone as well. To explain what it looks like. Ha small world.
You just recently put yours on didn't you? What do you think?

yeah that pic of the 10ae with the black lip is mine from in front of my house. i love the lip the car looks retarded without it because i have the side skirts. So far its taken a little beating just because it sits so low but now issues

i was considering the 01 console but the drink holder is still in a we tard did spot on both when you sft. I just put the drink cup on my right side by the seatbelt buckle and holds nicely there lol.

As for sideskirts, I might change mine to big skirts. I haven't completely decided because it isn't necessary.

Thanks for your reference :)

A lot was done today thanks to my buddy John. We accomplished putting the front lip on which looks great.He did a damn good job making it flush as possible.

We also might have fixed that gross leak because one of the breather tubes where the filler neck breathes into was extremely loose and also had a small rip in it. So we cut up to the ripped hose and adjusted the connections a bit to make the tubing close shut.

Photo0834.jpg

Last night I had installed the 10 ae console. i got it because I like the stock trim and I needed a new console because of the broken hinge and the morphed plastic on it. I had also put real cf on the ashtray cover just for fun.

Photo0833.jpg

Photo0832.jpg

After that we ate lunch, drove around a bit, looked at vinyl shops to get quotes on gloss black vinyl for the roof and got no where with that. We then went to a local rice shop/chop shop other cars onto other cars and but asked how much for a paint job since they do good jobs I heard. I got a 275 quote for the hard top which beats the two 300 dollar quotes I received. It also comes with a one year warranty which is crap but whatever.

We got home and waxed the car with some Turtle wax Black Box and took a couple hours to hand wax the beast.

Photo0831.jpg

We jumped in the pool to cool off and then John had to leave. I finished the waxing and these are the pictures...

Photo0828.jpg

Photo0829.jpg

Photo0822.jpg

Photo0827.jpg

Photo0830.jpg

Car is looking great. :)

The guy I bought my 10AE from painted the hard top with SEM Trim Black. It's a matte finish, but it coats very even for an arousal and has been very easy to maintain. Looks like they have a Gloss Black in the trim paint, too.

as reference to paint my hard top? I got a 275 quote for gloss black but send a link

as long as elementary kids and chuck norris approves, i know my car rocks lol

Last edited:
Back