front right wheel bearing

I recently have had 3 wheel bearings fail in the same hub assembly. all within around one oil change interval in between each one. anyone else ever had any trouble with bearings failing repeatedly?

im thinking there might be a defect in the steering knuckle/ hub/ or axle.

thanks in advance

Never heard of multiple wheel bearings failing in such a short time. Quite possible that the hub is destroyed. Of the bearing was not pressed onto a hub correctly, it could definitely go bad quick. Where were those 3 bearings pressed at? Same place? Or were they sent out to a place like NAPA (NAPA does bearing pressing for bunch of mechanics, including mine). How did the wheel bearings act when they went bad?

Last edited:
Has the hub been replaced? A bad hub will destroy wheel bearings. Also check the steering knuckle for cracks (hairline cracks within the knuckle joint).

one was the factory bearing. one was done by a friend who owns a shop. i figured maybe he did it wrong. so i took it to a local dealership where pretty much every bearing in town is done and he did it for me at no cost.

im figuring its the knuckle and hub because the first one got so hot it welded itself into the hub os i had to have it heated and pressed out. i fugure it probably messed it up. but idk. the axle was also stuck in it and had to be removed.

im gonna try to get a new knuckle, hub, and axle and see what happens.

one was the factory bearing. one was done by a friend who owns a shop. i figured maybe he did it wrong. so i took it to a local dealership where pretty much every bearing in town is done and he did it for me at no cost.

im figuring its the knuckle and hub because the first one got so hot it welded itself into the hub os i had to have it heated and pressed out. i fugure it probably messed it up. but idk. the axle was also stuck in it and had to be removed.

im gonna try to get a new knuckle, hub, and axle and see what happens.

I hope they didn't reuse the hub that the bearing was fused into... If so, that's probably the stupid mistake that cost you 2 more bearings...

yea heres the issue. if that ever happens they need to stop and assess the fact that suspension components especially cast pieces like knuckles are not to be heated. so its an auto fail there anyways. ur gonna need a knuckle, and i need one too lol!

Back