Project - Rum Runner

This is all news to me!

Guess I'm out of the loop lol.

If what u say is true, then by all means go for it!

I will get on doing some research, but I am still willing to bet they would be a ppita in the mountains of colorado!

And I didn't mean to come off as a dick, but I was just trying to watch out for ya!

It might be, IIRC the colorado mountains are kinda high. So long as you had a couple of really good maps tuned in, it should still work IMO.

Thanks for the subs guys. Haven't had much time lately to work on it but I've been getting more motivated to work on it since I have parts just piling up. I'll be helping out Speed this coming weekend on his car so that should give me the kick in the pants I need to start installing parts. I could probably spend a week alone installing parts... damn parts hoarders... they might put speed and I on Hoarders LOL!!

What are you talking about my episode airs next week...lol

Cant wait to get some work done on your car.

Lol nice ya I have parts pilling up too suspension and seats on the floor right now , waiting on headlights, front lip , valve cover cover and washer dress up kit along with my adapters lol

We need an install party then. First we'll have the Speed Bay cleaning party and then the install party.

I love mod days ive seen others have install partys we can do that for each one of us and have a install party

Installed a CF shift boot today
DashRemoval036.jpg

DashRemoval035.jpg

I must say the CF boot looks like a dark bronze in my car. I'm really happy with it. Thanks Speed!

Hey Justin check out my garage page i changed my pic to the one of me and you at Alamo Draft House...good times that was a fun day we need to do that again have another meet.

Thanks Justin. I've been trying to get the other projects off the ground but with the baby here I find myself shorter on time. LOL!

Just put him to work its never to early to start turning a wrench he can atleast hold the light for you or get the tools while your under the car...lol Thats why im glad i had mine young now they are old enough to lend a hand when needed or just get dad another beer when hes finished.

Well, I finally got my car dynoed so at least I know what baseline I'm starting from.

As a reminder these are my only engine performance mods:

Simota short ram intake
OBX header
Hayame catback (I had to put on my stock mid-pipe because I messed up the catless one)
No other tuning whatsoever.

Oh my max torque was 95.9 ft-lbs. Also this is on a 1.6L engine with 157,000+ miles.

OKjk21l.jpg

Here's a video of my dyno run compliments of The Man. Thanks again Edwin!

Last edited:
Nah just dyno. No way in hell I could compete with 13.7 time slips from some of the other Mazdas out there.

Back